Riding Gear

Newmason

Well finally got around to posting up the pictures of my S-MX2s that showed up last week. After about a week of riding with them, my results are: I ordered a 10.5 and probably should have gotten a 10 as they are roughly on the larger size but still feel good. For ankle support they are top notch. Have tons of front to back movement but side to side movement is a bit limited which you want. The white really is over powering at first but slowly got use to them. After about a week of riding with them they are broke in a feel like shoes now! Here are a few pictures after the unboxing!

JonKerr

Elite Member

wtgrant87

Scorpin EXO-1000 helmet, Alpinestars USGP Edition Tech jacket, Alpinestars stunt shoe, Scorpion cool hand gloves. S&S black mesh jacket (forget the model) when I ride to class and dont want to carry around the heavy leather jacket.

JZIPPOZ

HJC CL-16 Hellion Helmet, Joe Rocket Super Ego 2.0 Jacket, Joe Rocket Gloves

Newmason

Jon, I want to say they were 189? On the high side for some "boots" but they sure do beat my North Face hiking boots I first started out wearing

JonKerr

Elite Member

Newmason

Well then Jon, $189 gets you a very nice set of comfortable Alpinestar Boots. I love them!

pyrocpu

Looks good! $189 isn't so bad for the SMX-2; I paid ~$220 for my SMX-5 "high tops." Just like you though, I kinda wished I got one size smaller. On the bright side, I guess this promotes better airflow? :)

MikeN02

Or you can hide cash in there, or maybe your spare key, or maybe some change for the tolls...

Oh the endless possibilities.

Newmason

Is that a hoodie? :eek: Its not a fact of if you go down its when you will go down. Not sure I would want to be in that hoodie then

neshi

If you are gonna do the hoodie get some protection pads to go under it, like the vest you. when i took my two falls it was my head and arms that absorbed most of the damage helmet and jacket took care of that. and my legs where spared because i was on a big fat cruiser and they never got good contact with the floor but i got some nice dark brown marks for it.

Remember 99.9% of the time your gear is to protect you from the a$$holes out there that you cant predict. The other .1% is for when you make that mistake!

Anyway good riding!:Sport:

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

Hopefully I never end up in a bad spot...
I usually ride with the Icon too when I feel lazy, or after the gym when I'm super hot.
I like the white concept but isn't it a hassle since it gets dirty quick?

I agree that the most damage goes to the arms when in a fall. I low sided and I hit my arms, didn't hit my back or chest though. I know I should be wearing boots but I usually just wear my tennis shoes, since I only have walmart boots atm.

Anyone tried out/heard anything good about the Frank Thomas Stunt? Their on sale for $50 right now, though I can't decide if I want rain boots or those.

Also, should I get Mesh Pants or Rain Pants? I can't decide!!

JonKerr

Elite Member

neshi

my riding gear

Attachments

MikeN02

I finally broke down and bought riding pants, as after the gym I usually wear shorts and I keep thinking to myself it's so bad, but i'm super hot.

I got the Frank Thomas XTI Mesh pants to match my XTI jacket. It keeps me really cool and I have to say it's lighter than jeans for some reason..

Also got a larger size so I can wear it as overpants, not to mention it zips up to my jacket.

Not bad for $84.