retune the de tuned

cbzdel

To add to cbzdel's post....

What will this do to the stock ECU map? are you going to have to switch to the R6 ECU to make sure the mapping and timing is correct?
I bet the R6 ecu would not be a direct swap either..

If the cam is changed, you also may need to adjust the timing, the ECU may be capable of slightly self adjusting but I doubt it can completely change to what you want, and this is something I dont know if a PCV can do or not because I have not researched it..

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I bet the R6 ecu would not be a direct swap either..
Correct Chris. Plus, the FZ6R, while based off the de-tuned '03 R6 engine, only has 4 injectors and not the 6 injectors on the R6. The intake is a different design between the two bikes. A combination of the head, cam and intake along with the ECU would be the way to get it to the original R6 spec and get all the power of the engine back.

The problem with the intake is the the two designs are vastly different so to put the R6 intake on the FZ6R would mean an airbox swap which then means the stock tank will not fit. The R6 of that day required a RAM AIR pressurized airbox. This means a fairing design change to make those two RAMs on the bike actually function

It's a cascading event which simply gets us closer to buying an R6. BTW, that original engine setup on the '03 R6? Claimed 123 HP before any mods. Now, supply a race can, AIS removal, new stacks and tie the flies and watch the rest of the pack in your mirrors. :cool:

sldwys87

I have a few questions that may have already been answered. (1)Have we decided if the older gen r6 cams will work? (2) What is the airbox mod or air filter to get?