Replace helmet?

xleeb0y13x

So after my accident tues morning my insurance asked me to email pics of any damaged safety gear which was mostly my jacket and gloves. But my helmet seems perfectly fine. No indication it even touched the ground. So I didn't claim it. Now I'm reading that even with nothing visibly wrong it should be replaced. Any input is helpful as with no visible damage it may not be covered.

Sent while running with scissors.

adamo3957

Grab some sandpaper and free helmet?

Serious response, if the helmet has hit the ground then you don't know if there are micro fractures, or the eps liner being crushed (it only crushes once).

As for if you should of claimed it, well did your helmet hit the ground?

Secondly are you going to get screwed with next year's premium...

xleeb0y13x

Grab some sandpaper and free helmet?

Serious response, if the helmet has hit the ground then you don't know if there are micro fractures, or the eps liner being crushed (it only crushes once).

As for if you should of claimed it, well did your helmet hit the ground?

Secondly are you going to get screwed with next year's premium...

Don't think it hit the ground. From the time I went down to when I got back up was a blur but it has no marks on it. Might send it into shoei for a once over.

As far as the premium oh well. Just glad to get my bike fixed. Just hope it's not to bad.

Sent while running with scissors.

Grumpy

Replace the helmet irrespective of any real evidence of it hitting the ground. It is not worth taking a chance and most all insurance companies will agree with you.

jammer

Replace the helmet irrespective of any real evidence of it hitting the ground. It is not worth taking a chance and most all insurance companies will agree with you.
+1 Brother uses Snell rated helmets for dirt track racing and every major crash gets a new helmet. Pretty standard logic when it comes to protecting your brain.

floki

Let them claim your helmet. Geico wrote off the passenger and my helmet even though her helmet was scratch free. You get to keep your helmet too so if you want the money without replacing, which I don't recommend, then there's that.

Also regarding premiums, if this is your first accident you shouldn't have an insane increase in premiums.

Last edited: