Removing the "pops" after installing a new exhaust system

arkkornkid

would a vacuum cap not work?

I've yet to see exactly what's involved, but from reading it seems like a cap would be perfect.

Drewsfz6r

I was very unsure about this but today I though I would give it a go only a 5 min job and it works very well no more popping and back fire... Thanks heaps for the tip

SideTracked

:D+1 for this mod. Just put the hot bodyz slip on my bike had a lot of poppin'. No more after this mod :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CraigEgg

Vacuum Cap

I did this by using a vacuum hose cap, placed on the male nipple, and clamped shut with a hose clamp. Then, I placed the air hose over the cap, and shut that with a clamp too, fit perfect.

This eliminates about 90% of the popping...not all though...;)

CraigEgg

fz6r79

I just did this and it removed 95% of the popping, Im running a m4 full system only, and a juice box is on the way as I type this. figure the JB should eliminate the rest of the pops. the block off was a night and day difference on just a full exhaust system

Rawknrohl

will this help with the popping on any aftermarket exhaust setup or was it only useful with the exhaust you are running? I've noticed that basically every exhaust seems to create a lot of popping on the fz6r.

linkgt

will this help with the popping on any aftermarket exhaust setup or was it only useful with the exhaust you are running? I've noticed that basically every exhaust seems to create a lot of popping on the fz6r.
Seems to be any aftermarket exhaust as they all essentially do the same thing.

xxderek07xx

must do this guys doesn't take but a second took 98% of pops from my 2011 fz6r all stock straight piped right now have supertrapp on way and I no I will not get a single pop once installed with 8 disc