Rear fender Led Brake Light

lwclancers

I got my red ones a few days ago. I'm tempted to get amber too and double them up side by side. Hmmm...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ivan_13

I got my red ones a few days ago. I'm tempted to get amber too and double them up side by side. Hmmm...

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm half way there. I just have no idea how I would wire the red ones with the stock taillight.

lwclancers

Yea now I'm wondering too. I wasn't paying attention in the first few posts, he mentioned the wiring and which was brake only...didn't notice he had the motodynamic tail and not the stock tail light. Hope we can both figure it out.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

lwclancers

Do you know by chance what each color wire is for inside the brake lead?

lwclancers

Ive been thinking, if I double the brake and turn signals up, it might be hard to see if they are the same length, side by side at a full stop. The brake would be lit for stopped/stopping, and if a signal is on it might not be as distinguishable if they are the same length.

So whatever amber strips I get, I will get 12", thus half the length of the brake lights. I think itll stand out more that way.

Just deciding if I want to order the same style in amber as the red, and cut down to length. or, get another style from the same seller in a different light pattern.

Still need to figure out the 3 stock brake light wires are, i know ones ground, ones running light, the other is hot.

Ricenoodle

I'd say easiest thing it's to get a wire tester and see which is the one you need without cutting. Looks like a screw driver with a see through handle, usually around 10 to 20 bucks at the electrical section. plug it in. attach to the lead. squeeze the brakes or signals switch depending on what you're trying to go for. which ever lead light up upon engaging then that's the one you tap into.

lwclancers

I think this is what we needed to know:
5. You now have full access to the tail lighting connectors:
A 3 Position 090 HM Connector (Wires: Yellow = Brake Light, Blue = Tail Light, Black = Ground)
A Black Nippon -Tanshi’s 3P Turn Signal Connector (Wires: Brown = Left Signal Light, Black = Ground)
A Grey Nippon -Tanshi’s 3P Turn Signal Connector (Wires: Green= Right Signal Light, Black = Ground)
2 Bullet connectors, 1 with Blue wire in and black wire out (positive), the other with Black Ground wires.

So looks like for the brakes we'd hit the Yellow so they are on on contact, off otherwise.

Found it here:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/your-favorite-location-tap-switched-power-29323/index2.html#post404612

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member