Rain Ride - Rear Wheel Slide

MiniMose

Had a little scare today...

was taking off (slowly) from a stop sign, hit a patch of wet from the light drizzle we had this morning... back tire started to slide back and forth.

honestly i don't know what i did to make it stop swerving, though i am glad i did (whatever it was).

this being my only mode of transport, i would LOVE to be able to LEARN how to correct this slide.

tips? i did not like the :eek: feeling of my butt-hole puckering so early in the AM.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

indian9990

Yeah I think that's the best approach. I was at the stop light and started to go and I guess I gave it too much throttle because the cross walk white line made my black wheel slide a little bit. I just eased off and managed to get traction back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

MiniMose

You're not supposed to chop the throttle. Meaning don't let completly off. And definitely don't hit the brakes. The correct way is to either ride it out at a steady throttle, or let off slowly. That's a hard thing to do when your fear instinct is to chop the throttle. So it's something to practice if you think you can safely do so.

i may have instinctively rode through it.

i think i may also be taking the dirt course at some point... to get used to the feeling and idea that slides aren't death if handled right.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DragonBlu

Yes like Marthy said. Painted areas,manhole covers, tar strips, all slippery when wet. Easy does it in the wet. Ride safe and have a good time!