R6 to FZ6R/XJ6

dztrbdgod

Is it possible to get the R6 motor into the frame on a fz6r or xj. Cause i have my '06 r6 and im not 'legally' allowed to ride it, so i want to get an fz6r, and put the r6 motor to good use.
\

Cheers and thanks

Chevyfazer

Anything is possible with time, money, and skill but don't expect the job to be easy. Haven't looked at a 6r frame close up but still imagine there would have to be some serious fab work to make it happen.

Detrich

Why would u put a R6 motor on an FZ6R? It lacks low-end torque and on a heavy steel frame bike like the FZ6R that's just asking for misery if u ask me.

:shrugs:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Australia has power restrictions for new riders, I believe.
Then by that, he would still be "illegal" in riding the FZ with an R6 motor... no?

Ride the FZ then get a bigger bike if you want when you are legal to.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Everything that I've read and mechanics I've talked to have said that all 3 engines (r6, fz6, fz6r) have the same bottom end, so I wonder how much work it would take to swap heads, maybe injectors, throttle bodies, ecu and anything else to actually build a Franken6? Kind of like some of the Honda guys putting h22 heads on a h23.

JSP

Super Moderator
Everything that I've read and mechanics I've talked to have said that all 3 engines (r6, fz6, fz6r) have the same bottom end, so I wonder how much work it would take to swap heads, maybe injectors, throttle bodies, ecu and anything else to actually build a Franken6? Kind of like some of the Honda guys putting h22 heads on a h23.
I miss my 01 Prelude H22... Awesome engine.

Sorry, side track.

Mitch21

Is it possible to get the R6 motor into the frame on a fz6r or xj. Cause i have my '06 r6 and im not 'legally' allowed to ride it, so i want to get an fz6r, and put the r6 motor to good use.
\

Cheers and thanks
Hey mate,

The learner approved fz6rs are restricted in aus so if u were to buy it u could unrestrict it and unlock its full potential as a quick and easy option to boost power, illegally though as ur not allowed to ride it then, it's your choice to run the risk.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f24/derestrict-lams-bike-question-20129/

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f24/throttle-restriction-removal-24309/

My advice would be to buy a small 250 to get u through to ur full license then go nuts or buy fz6r or other bikes to unrestrict and ride at ur own risk. Both more cost effective than engine swap, unrestricted fz6r is plenty if power for what u need on the street as is many other bikes out there. Take ur time do ur license and reap the rewards of a years worth of learning how to ride and control a smaller bike so u can appreciate the power later on.

Just my .02....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dztrbdgod

Hey mate,

The learner approved fz6rs are restricted in aus so if u were to buy it u could unrestrict it and unlock its full potential as a quick and easy option to boost power, illegally though as ur not allowed to ride it then, it's your choice to run the risk.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f24/derestrict-lams-bike-question-20129/

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f24/throttle-restriction-removal-24309/

My advice would be to buy a small 250 to get u through to ur full license then go nuts or buy fz6r or other bikes to unrestrict and ride at ur own risk. Both more cost effective than engine swap, unrestricted fz6r is plenty if power for what u need on the street as is many other bikes out there. Take ur time do ur license and reap the rewards of a years worth of learning how to ride and control a smaller bike so u can appreciate the power later on.

Just my .02....

Ive been riding for ages, but my license expired while i was in hospital for ages. I rode the r6 for ages before i got hurt, so i don't want to go back to a slow ass bike. The r6 is slow enough as it is. And the comments of circumventing the rules by having a "lams" looking bike, but the power of a proper one.
Thats the plan.

furiousgeorge

You would get in less trouble riding the r6 as is. If you change the engine you have modified a LAMS bike to increase power. Illegal. You are then riding a bike outside the LAMS power to weight. Illegal. And since you have modified the bike without telling anyone to keep it registered as LAMS you are therefore riding an unregistered bike. Seriously dude just ride the r6 or take the restrictor off the fz and wait for your full license

Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member