R6 rearsets on my FZ6R

checkinforcode4

I've installed rearsets from a 2005 R6 onto my bike, looks great and feels much better than the stock ones. Ran into a glitch with the brake side. I am trying to utilize the stock master cylinder instead of buying an R6 one. Can the joint on the bottom that attaches the hose from the reservoir be turned 90 degrees? I know the bolt holes don't match up but that's not a problem as I've machined a small bracket that will make it work. I've done several mods to the bike as it was just plain when I bought it. I'll post pix of the rearsets when it's all done.
Thanks!!

Attachments

checkinforcode4

Here's a photo of the clutch side rearset. I haven't finished the brake side yet, had to order some parts. I was able to turn the plastic elbow that connects the hose to the master cylinder. I use a small tail bag from time to time for extra storage, no saddle bags for me. Doesn't look right on my bike.

Attachments

checkinforcode4

REAL clean. :cool:
Thanks man! It was inspired by your video, i give you full cred. I'm also thinking about (and actually bought it) adding a gear shift indicator as well. Being that I installed the Speedo DRD, I wasn't sure if this is going to work or not. Have you posted a video on that too? The bike has really been easy to work on, if you have the right tools. I just turned over 5,000 miles, so really it's still fairly new.

Half-Click Up

No I've never installed a gear shift indicator. In fact, I'm not entirely sure what system one of those piggy-backs off of in order to work.. ?
If it piggy-backs off the ECU, then I'm not sure how a fuel controller would mesh into the installation of one..

hmmph

No I've never installed a gear shift indicator. In fact, I'm not entirely sure what system one of those piggy-backs off of in order to work.. ?
If it piggy-backs off the ECU, then I'm not sure how a fuel controller would mesh into the installation of one..

love your vids <3