Quick Easy Rim / Wheel Stripe Installation Method

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

jman

Just did it yesterday with the foaming glass cleaner and it was a breeze! Glad i saw this cause i was gonna just wing it without getting anything wet at all which would have ended in a disaster! I used reflective rim stripes (red) on my black fz6r and had a 2 extras left over. I used the one that had a yamaha racing logo on it to put around the bottom of the back of my helmet. Looks great and ties the whole project together. I'll post pics soon!

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

BoneJj

soapy water in a spray bottle works a world of better...

I've done plenty of vinyl related project to know that you are much better off using soapy water. Cleaners like he is using are okay but can evaporate too fast under certain circumstances and leave you with some issues in the end.

There is a reason that any vinyl shop you walk into has a ton of water bottles hanging around with soapy water in them. It's a tried and true method and allows plenty of time to position the tape properly.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

buckwild

I wonder if it would work well with the huge bottle of Invisashield Application spray I have. Seems like it would be a good fit logically. Thanks Nasty! I also went thru the inital process without looking for help, ended in a pile of balled up stickers and much yelling at the plastic roller thingey.