Question about ABS on FZ6R ?

miketriebsch

I'm sure, anything is possible. But I will say good luck. Lol

applejax

4 better breaking and more secure......
It's going to cost you a lot of money if it's even possible to add it to this bike.

I'd rather just keep my bikes simple (no abs/traction control) and learn the skills and abilities to drive the bike itself without relying on assistance.

Jaimison

I'd rather just keep my bikes simple (no abs/traction control) and learn the skills and abilities to drive the bike itself without relying on assistance.
I get that attitude, and the sense of pride of "handling your bike." But at the same time... The only times a newer rider will be able to "hone" those skills would be in a situation where they'd need to use it. So maybe he's trying to avoid that situation. Which makes sense.

And as far as money goes. It's the argument of whether you should buy expensive protective gear.

It's your life.

applejax

The only times a newer rider will be able to "hone" those skills would be in a situation where they'd need to use it. So maybe he's trying to avoid that situation. Which makes sense.
Trying to avoid a situation where he would "hone" his skills ?

So instead of becoming better he is going to use "assistance" where he would normally be force to test his skill?

That's the only reason why I don't like all these "assistants", where a rider would normally tests their boundaries, they can now rely on the bike's computer systems to help them out of a jam that they would normally learn a valuable lesson from.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

maki_80

thnx everybody ,

in my country where I live and drive is too complicated to drive smooth and calm,so u have to brake almost in every moment,sometimes hard cuz of stupid other drivers of the car do,sometimes due to some animals crossing streets,and we dont have any highways believe it or not,thats the reason i am asking about putting some kind of ABS from fz6 or xj6 or any kind so i would be safe and cool during driving.thnx ppl

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

dcBear78

Virtually impossible to retrofit ABS systems to vehicles that they are not designed for. There are just too many variables, and too many sensor inputs required that the bike just doesn't have and isn't designed to accommodate.
To those who realise there is a world outside the United States, most of these markets sell this bike as standard with ABS (Australia) or as an option (Europe).

Honestly, if you're going to be in traffic all the time, a sportbike is probably not the right place to put your money. They can be used in stop-and-go traffic, but they are not much fun, and really not optimized for that kind of riding.
Lucky the FZ6R isn't a pure Sports bike then and probably a great compromise between comfortable commuting and spirited riding.

Yes it would be possible. But the cost and effort involved would be prohibitive.

Last edited:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

It depends on what you want. Although I see the practicality of a micro-bike or scooter in a congested area, my naked FZ1 is downright awesome when I go to Toronto. It's all in what you want out of a bike.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member