prepare to flame me. but...

well i felt bad clutchin the wheelies so i decided to stick with trying to master power wheelies like i said before. and ive been practicing in my work parking lot when its clear after hours and cant seem to get it more than 2 inches off the ground. ill keep practicing but i thinking im too heavy for the bike. im 220 lbs, so im probably to fat for a rocket of any type haha. but ill keep at er'

thanks dart, i have that in mind:thumbup: when im practicing im usually with my buddy kyle or my dad. who seems to have lots of helpful advice yet manages to call me an idiot at the same time... hmm.... bet hes been down this road lol.

as far as the fz6r goes, i would prolly get a smaller, lighter bike to learn how to stunt on... the fz6r weighs in at a whopping 475 lbs wet, and it is not only heavy compared to other bikes, but it's also top heavy- just not the easiest bike to learn stunting on. but, as with all things- where there's a will, there's a way... :)

i think stunting is exciting to watch- so long as it's done in a controlled, safe environment. it's also important that the stunt riders always wear all their gear. youtube is filled with videos of ppl stunting in shorts & t-shirts, and of course they're going to get hurt. not that i would, but if i were to ever learn to stunt, for sure i would buy a smaller, lighter, used bike to learn on. the fz6r is simply too heavy.

be safe and have fun! :)

A couple of things:

1.) Those of you cutting this poor guy down for trying to wheelie should control yourselves a little more! There are plenty of people out there that make good money doing stunt shows. Although they aren't using FZ6R's, everyone starts with something.

2.) If you are going to do wheelies or any stunts for that matter, do it in a parking lot without people in it and while not under the influence of anything!

3.) The FZ6R is not a good stunting machine. It is heavy and a little low on power for stunts.

4.) With that being said it is capable of doing stunts. I have ridden short wheelies with mine and have done a few stoppies (one (unintentional) to avoid hitting a deer) and I finish off every back tire with a nice little burnout right before I take the tire off the bike.

5.) Clutching a wheelie is much more predictable that a power wheelie once you get the feel for it. Things like, the amount gas, body positioning temperature of tire and road all affect the outcome of a wheelie. Oh and not to mention BALANCE!

6.) I just like you started doing power wheelies. When my bike was stock I would pull out like normal bring the tach up to about 6-7K. Quickly close the throttle and snap it open. This will do a few things: shift your weight forward, pre-load the suspension and if not done carefully lock the back tire.
When you snap the throttle back open you need to: shift your weight backward, cover the back brake with the foot (don't use it unless you are about to flip) and BALANCE. You will ride a short wheelie. Start small. Just get used to the feeling of the front tire floating. The biggest mistake people make is they get too confident too quick!

7.) Once you are confident with power wheelies, you should learn how to clutch them. That is a whole other lesson.

8.) Post back about the progress. Good luck and be safe!

Good advice , be familiar with your bike and be careful . Wheeling is a learned skill , practice and practice you will get it .
Drop a tooth on the front (or up 2 on the rear) and the bike will leave a little better and be torquer , respond to throttle movement quicker and carry a load much easier ie.. Passenger , Saddlebags . My $.02

I weigh 215 (was 225) and I can pull the front end up. You just need to keep practicing. Like I said before get the tach up to 7K and close the throttle and then crack it open hard. It will come up!

Back