PCV Tuning

Deathdiesel

Hey guys, yes I searched, but I think my search is broken. Searched PCV and nothing at all came up.

Anyways, installed exhaust and tuner, power commander 5, with block offs. On a hard deceleration im getting some feedback on the exhaust, almost like backfiring but not nearly as loud. I think I read somewhere to add 3-5% fuel in the range? Not really sure where this should be done at if so.

Also ive heard the Accel pump makes a big difference, id like to turn mine on if possible, but also dont know how. Honestly I was expecting a bigger power difference, really there isnt a large difference. Maybe its just me and I havent gotten fully used to it. Either way, thanks DD.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

The "popping" on decel is normal even with block off plates. The block offs help, but in order to eliminate the popping you'll either need to get it professionally dynotuned, or do it yourself (only if you REALLY know what you're doing otherwise you can seriously screw up your ECU).

The accel pump is in one of the drop down menus up at the top of the PC program (where you'd find the "File" "Edit" ect. menus for say MS Word). I can't tell you the exact location as I don't have that software on this computer (Marthy help a brother out?), but it's in deep, meaning you go to one of the menus and move your mouse over one of the options that has an arrow next to it indicating more options (if I remember correctly).

Hope that was of some help. If not, I'm sure Marthy or someone else with the program loaded up can give you the specifics.
Really? that kind of sucks, oh well its not extremely noticeable atleast.

Go on my website under tech support and download Advgear RevB. If you didn't connect the speed sensor to the PCV use the Sport or Touring RevB.

For the A/P go under Configure, feature and enable the A/P and click on the icon on the right side to set the parameter. (75, 30, 16)

save...
Are you sure? Id feel kind of bad considering you didnt actually do my exhaust. And does the PCV have to be hooked up to do the configuring for the accel pump and etc? I knew you had to hook it up to save it but didnt know it had to be hooked up to do it at all.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Once you download the map in your laptop just plug-in your PCV and load the map. Then set the A/C setting at the same time. Don't worry about it... you're not the only one using the Marthy map with a TB. And I honestly take pride in the work I do... including kicking the big boys a$$! LOL
Ok cool will do, thanks again man.