Pants -- knee pads fit low?

dekaliber

With motorcycle pants, do you find that the knee pads tend to sit a little low when you're not on the bike?

Just wanted to make sure this is normal. I'm a fairly average build (~170, 5'11", ~32" inseam) and I got the AGV Sport Solare in medium which fits perfectly width-wise, but the knee pads only partly overlap my knee when standing up.

Detrich

^ agree with what Flying said... =)

Chucker

I know that with mine, if they didn't sit low when I was off the bike, they'd be on my thighs when I'm on it. Only makes sense when you considered that they slide up when you bend your legs. Remember, they're designed for riding, not walking.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

how are you feeling Jon? the surgery was successful then? :)

when can u go riding, did the dr say?

hope all's well...

CrazyCawi

+1. Everyone's right. I had the same concerns with my first armored pants because I'm on the short and wide side. (5' 10' 235 but only a 30" inseam) So I was afraid I'd always have the knees in the wrong place. But once I sat on the bike, it all made since.
thats nuts we have the same build.....:eek: I weigh exactly that....im 5'10"....and I have a 30" inseam......well lets go for the gusto...I wear 10-10.5 shoe/boot hbu? lol

JonKerr

Elite Member

dekaliber

Good deal. Thanks fellas! I did confirm when I sat on the bike today* that they fit almost perfectly.

*Just got the bike delivered yesterday (!), but didn't get a chance to do a whole lot last night.

bjs045

thats nuts we have the same build.....:eek: I weigh exactly that....im 5'10"....and I have a 30" inseam......well lets go for the gusto...I wear 10-10.5 shoe/boot hbu? lol
Hehe...you just reminded me I have big ass feet. I'm 5'8" 180 pounds with a 31" inseam and wear size 10.5 or 11 shoe. My dads 5'11" and my uncle is 6'2" and both wear the same shoe size as me. I was robbed of height!! LOL I blame my 4' nothing mom...ok so shes 4'.75" LOL

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Sage

Mine are a tad low and I'm 5'11" with maybe a 32" inseam. They are just right and maybe lay a little too far on the inside of my knee when I'm riding. Never uncomfortable in them though, which is a huge plus! =) It's pretty normal I think since they are probably made in mind to keeping the armor where it needs to be while you're on the bike.