OTD Price

KB34

Ditto.....
Well I got a pre-approved loan from the bank, so I'll go and try and make a deal Saturday if I have time.

For a brand new 2015 FZ6R whats a good OTD price? Is $7500 too high, or is that a good price?

Any tips on getting them to go lower?

This is the same dealership that I bought my CB500F from a year ago so hopefully they'll work with me.

catdoc

Well I got a pre-approved loan from the bank, so I'll go and try and make a deal Saturday if I have time.

For a brand new 2015 FZ6R whats a good OTD price? Is $7500 too high, or is that a good price?

Any tips on getting them to go lower?

This is the same dealership that I bought my CB500F from a year ago so hopefully they'll work with me.
I bought my leftover 2013 from a dealer in April of 2015 and paid $5,814 OTD. The base price was $5,250 and they added $375 for freight and $189 for doc fees. Yours is a couple of years newer, but I wouldn't pay over $6,500 OTD. I would suggest you call several dealers. I ended up buying my bike at a dealer in Seneca, SC who was excellent to deal with and as you see gave me a spectacular deal. You may want to call them as I see they have a 2015 FZ6R in stock. Contact Us Performance PowerSports Seneca, SC 866-912-9705

Out of curiosity why are you swapping from a CB500 to a FZ6R? Not a lot of difference IMHO(~15 hp and 60 extra pounds in the FZ). I would think the logical upgrade from a 500F would be the FZ-07 or FZ-09 which weigh the same, or less, have more power and similar naked styling.

Any idea what the tax is on it?
I just noticed you are in GA. You will pay 7% of what the DMV thinks its value is. I think I paid around $400. The good news it is a one time fee and then $20/yr for the tag.

Last edited:

BluePill

January 2016 sale of 2015 leftover:

6999 (includes Yamaha Cash Back rebate)

Plus:
Freight 299
Prep 199
Tag, title, etc. 199

So total 7700 plus local and state tax

shards

Not a lot of difference IMHO(~15 hp and 60 extra pounds in the FZ). I would think the logical upgrade from a 500F would be the FZ-07 or FZ-09 which weigh the same, or less, have more power and similar naked styling.
Those CB500's weight a LOT more than you might imagine....196Kgs wet....only about 15Kgs more than a non-CA FZ6R. Only about 40RW HP too, so more of a difference than you might expect.

BluePill

Those CB500's weight a LOT more than you might imagine....196Kgs wet....only about 15Kgs more than a non-CA FZ6R. Only about 40RW HP too, so more of a difference than you might expect.
Yup -

CB goes "Putt Putt"

FZ goes "Zoom Zoom"

(Sorry, Mazda)

KB34

I bought my leftover 2013 from a dealer in April of 2015 and paid $5,814 OTD. The base price was $5,250 and they added $375 for freight and $189 for doc fees. Yours is a couple of years newer, but I wouldn't pay over $6,500 OTD. I would suggest you call several dealers. I ended up buying my bike at a dealer in Seneca, SC who was excellent to deal with and as you see gave me a spectacular deal. You may want to call them as I see they have a 2015 FZ6R in stock. Contact Us Performance PowerSports Seneca, SC 866-912-9705

Out of curiosity why are you swapping from a CB500 to a FZ6R? Not a lot of difference IMHO(~15 hp and 60 extra pounds in the FZ). I would think the logical upgrade from a 500F would be the FZ-07 or FZ-09 which weigh the same, or less, have more power and similar naked styling.

I just noticed you are in GA. You will pay 7% of what the DMV thinks its value is. I think I paid around $400. The good news it is a one time fee and then $20/yr for the tag.
Well, I found myself riding a little bit longer distance than I liked with no wind protection. Although I like the FZ-07, I like the sound of the inline 4, and the added wind protection better. And I actually sold the CB500F back in December because my fiance convinced me I didn't need two bikes. I have a 81 XJ550, but it has been acting up lately so I want something a little more reliable. Plus then she can ride on the back, the XJ is a single seat.

Last edited:

KB34

Yeah, it's only about a 30 lb difference in weight. Also FZ6R has 20hp and 20ft-lb of torque more than the CB500F.

catdoc

Yeah, it's only about a 30 lb difference in weight. Also FZ6R has 20hp and 20ft-lb of torque more than the CB500F.
According to the specs I am reading on the manufacturers web sites a 15' CB500F is ~420# and a FZ6R is ~467#. 47# is a decent difference to me even with the power increase.... Understand your reasoning about the fairings. Did you consider the Honda CBR650F? I looked at those last year as well. Very nice looking bike with a powerful motor, but they are a bit pricey in comparison to the Yamaha.

KB34

According to the specs I am reading on the manufacturers web sites a 15' CB500F is ~420# and a FZ6R is ~467#. 47# is a decent difference to me even with the power increase.... Understand your reasoning about the fairings. Did you consider the Honda CBR650F? I looked at those last year as well. Very nice looking bike with a powerful motor, but they are a bit pricey in comparison to the Yamaha.
Yeah I thought about it but I like a more upright position. And that $8500 MSRP doesn't look good.

They have the FZ6R for $6277 on CycleTrader but at the dealership they have the tag on it saying $7790....wtf....

I printed out the CycleTrader ad and will be bringing it with me tomorrow when I go try to make a deal on it. My max price I'm willing to go is $7200.

Anyone have any negotiating tips for when I'm at the dealership?

KB34

Well, dealer wouldn't budge off the $8700 and tried to spin it off that they don't even post to cycle trader. Also said that they would be loosing over $1500 if they sold it for $7000.

Oh well, never going there again. Gonna try and look for something used on craigslist with low miles. Thanks for the help guys.

UncleHilty

Get on the net and find a new 2013-15 make a good deal and for$500 ship anywhere in the country. All in less than $7200

catdoc

Well, dealer wouldn't budge off the $8700 and tried to spin it off that they don't even post to cycle trader. Also said that they would be loosing over $1500 if they sold it for $7000.

Oh well, never going there again. Gonna try and look for something used on craigslist with low miles. Thanks for the help guys.
Let me guess - Mountain Motorsports? I really hope you check with the guys I suggested above in Seneca, SC. They were awesome to deal with and no tricks.... What we discussed on the phone was exactly what was on the paperwork when I drove up there.

KB34

Let me guess - Mountain Motorsports? I really hope you check with the guys I suggested above in Seneca, SC. They were awesome to deal with and no tricks.... What we discussed on the phone was exactly what was on the paperwork when I drove up there.
This was Cyclecity Powersports in Newnan, but Mountain Motorsports did the same thing two weeks earlier. :wtfgun:

I'll check with them if I don't find something closer on craigslist in the next week or so.

cshirts

I bought a 2015 fz6r in August of 2015 for $5999, + title and WA state tax of 8.8%. Not sure what it added up to exactly OTD .