One of THOSE moments...

Deathdiesel

Was doing some outside work today, planting trees etc. Had to run in town for a few things, and I had already planned to drop off my bike tire to have the shop in town swap the tires on it for me. Already had the wheel removed and new tire was in from shipping.

Dropped it off at the shop and grabbed some food, came and picked it up all seemed good, no scratches or anything, all smiles.

Got home and noticed something wasnt right. The guy put the tire on backwards....The tread is facing reverse, of what it should be. Soon as I noticed it, had one of those Son of a B*** moments.

Anyone else had this problem before? Is it my fault for not informing him which way to put it? :(

yillbs

Was doing some outside work today, planting trees etc. Had to run in town for a few things, and I had already planned to drop off my bike tire to have the shop in town swap the tires on it for me. Already had the wheel removed and new tire was in from shipping.

Dropped it off at the shop and grabbed some food, came and picked it up all seemed good, no scratches or anything, all smiles.

Got home and noticed something wasnt right. The guy put the tire on backwards....The tread is facing reverse, of what it should be. Soon as I noticed it, had one of those Son of a B*** moments.

Anyone else had this problem before? Is it my fault for not informing him which way to put it? :(
Not your fault at all. The tire says which way to face it. Plus thats why you pay someone. He was a moron make sure they dont charge you again !!!

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

BKP

Most MC tires have a "backward-facing" front tread. Causes confusion at times for the installer.

On the other hand, you have to be pretty dim to miss the rotational arrows on the sidewall of most tires...

JSP

Super Moderator
Most MC tires have a "backward-facing" front tread. Causes confusion at times for the installer.

On the other hand, you have to be pretty dim to miss the rotational arrows on the sidewall of most tires...

+1 Make sure you are not just going by the way the tread looks vs the front. Many do go in opposite directions.

Check the sidewall of the tire and see which way the directional ARROW is facing first before causing a stink .

linkgt

This. At very first, I thought the guy installed my Pilot road 3's backwards, but the arrow was actually facing the correct way. make sure you're going by that instead of the threads.

Pinarello Rider

Nah - we've all made boneheaded mistakes at times where there is no excuse. Get interrupted, think you're doing it right, but wind up doing it incorrectly.

I'm not the brightest, nor dimmest tool in the shed, but on a car I used to own, when swapping winter for summer tires, I put the rears on the front, and the fronts on the rears. The car seemed to be handling strangely - the front seemed a little sluggish than I was used to. For a while, I chalked it up to the changed from a skinnier winter tire to a wider summer tire. Took it in for a regular service and the technician starts looking at my car quizzically. "did you know your tires are on backwards?" I got out and said "what are you talking about?". "the fronts are on the rear, and the rears are on the front. Who rotated your tires last?"

:facepalm: "me."

We both had a good laugh.

Deathdiesel

This. At very first, I thought the guy installed my Pilot road 3's backwards, but the arrow was actually facing the correct way. make sure you're going by that instead of the threads.
Wait, is there any way you can send me a picture of your back tire mounted please? Because thats the exact tire I went with, i didnt check the arrow, but did look at the tread pattern.

Currently it looks like so:

back of bike
|v|
|v|
|v|

linkgt

Wait, is there any way you can send me a picture of your back tire mounted please? Because thats the exact tire I went with, i didnt check the arrow, but did look at the tread pattern.

Currently it looks like so:

back of bike
|v|
|v|
|v|
Here you go. took a quick shot while at work First pic shows the arrow orientation. Second one is tread pattern:

linkgt

clean your bike sir.
Lmao, I was waiting for this one. I actually washed and waxed my bike Sunday. Monday night, weather was not on my side and I got rained on going to and back from the gym. The rear tire hugger is really dirty, but the rest of the bike isnt so bad. I would wash it, but i'm too lazy to take out a bucket and wash it all over again, which is why I just bought these babys online today for quick washes!

Motul Wash & Wax Polish/Protectant - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Motul Shine & Go Cleaner/Protectant - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore