Oils, lubes, grease for maintenance.

mashuga

Hey guys just trying to find some opinions on what everyone is using for maintenance.

There are so many options out there..

Maybe we could get some sort of standard to the post.
I am looking at all the options using search and see its scattered all over the place, and was thinking it would be nice to see in once place what products everyone is using to maintain...

"Example"

Chain Lube/Wax: Yamalube On-Road Chain Lube
Cable Lube: Yamalube LubezAll
Clutch/Brake Pedal/Clutch Lever/Sidestand/Swingarm Pivot: Lithium Soap Based Grease
Brake Lever: Yamalube Silicone Spray Protectant & Lubricant
Engine Oil: Yamalube 10w40 4 Stroke

I really have not formed on a opinion on anything yet for I have only used maxima chainwax and i find it to be too noisy so I am looking to switch to another option, some sort of lube, either Yamalube or Honda HP Pro with Moly.

Edit: I finally used the Yamalube Chain Lube, and it has made things a little quieter compared to the maxima chainwax, but it slung everywhere, even after letting it set and wiping it down after 30 minutes.

Next i will try the HP Pro with moly to see how i like it, and i would like to try some grease on the chain but not sure where to begin finding the right one, it would be nice to know whats on the chain from the factory.

Also i used the Lubezall on my cables and it worked great with a cable luber. smooove

Last edited:
Also interested in reccomendations for different lubes, and yeah ive heard yamalube is very good for the price. Atleast in engine oil.

Reactions: JT
Thanks for the input, I definitely get that it's a sore subject, just thought it could be a good resource to see what everyone uses in one thread.

I find the best resources are magazines where they do research and testing. Unless you have scientific proof, you get opinions. One person's experience may not be on par with another's, or with your own expectations. You won't know until you try it. If you use something that's made for the job by a reputable manufacturer, you won't hurt anything trying it out. (i.e. - don't use canola oil to lube your chain as I'm pretty sure none of the manufacturers intended it to be used for that. :D )

All you will ever need in life...

Lard.jpg

Heres a different question, but wheres the best place to get these types of oil? Wanna try to get yamalube motor oil, but there arent any nearby yamaha dealers. :(

I've been ordering from these guys, but am going to see what my dealer has so I can do stuff this weekend.

rockymountainatvmc.com

They seem to have reasonable prices.
Not sure if posting links to companies is against forum rules or not. Sorry if it is.

Sorry to double post but a reply by the end of the night would be awesome(need to get oil ordered very soon), checked my manual and it still doesnt say what weight oil to use, and the same can be applied to what octane of fuel.

Am I missing the section on this?

You must have read over it, it's in there.
In my 1st post as well.

10w40 yamalube is what the manual recommends for most temps.

Back