Oil ??????

MNDZA

S

stryken

I love the oil threads. I like watching people get so angry about them that they take the time out to bitch at the person for posing it. I am not talking about anyone here of course, we are just having fun.:thumbup: I have however seen people get outright rude and ignorant about it, if you see oil on the tread don't click on it. Its like the Radio or TV just change the channel if its bothering you, if no one replies it will go away into the ether. Gotta remember, many people are new and many are just trying to start a conversation and meet new people.

fz6rwolf

Not sure about this bike, only had the stealer do it but my last 2 (both v-twins) I waited 2 oil changes then switched to full synthetic and never had a problem.

tractorboy

Ah..This thread was fun...God normally mention oil and all hell breaks loose.

maybe Ican get free oil for it at KFC !!!! Man..the bike would SMELL GOOD !!!!

Thanks for any info.......I hated yamalube in my sled but.....it is a yamaha!! LOL

unleased1287

the owner's manual for the FZ6R says that u can use yamalube 10w-40 or 20w50 or SAE 10w-40 or SAE 20W-50 if u use SAE make sure its made for motorcycles that have wet clutch cause the oil in r bikes lube the clutch u cant use regular car truck motor oil it dont have the right molecules me my self is running yamalube 20w-50 it protects it in 130 F weather down to 10F hope this helps ya
P.S NEVER ADD ANYTHING TO UR OIL BUT REGULAR OIL DUE TO IT LUBES THE CLUTCH U COULD DAMAGE THE CLUTCH AND WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CLUTCH'S
nate

r bike also with oil filter 2.96 us qt and with out is 2.64 qt so u will need almost 3 qts

M

MarinaFazer

:popcorn: where's steve????

as for oil, just don't use the same oil you use in your tractor :thumbup:

S

sjryser

Is synthetic better than regular.................JUST KIDDING..:rof:

Sara'sFZ6R

the owner's manual for the FZ6R says that u can use yamalube 10w-40 or 20w50 or SAE 10w-40 or SAE 20W-50 if u use SAE make sure its made for motorcycles that have wet clutch cause the oil in r bikes lube the clutch u cant use regular car truck motor oil it dont have the right molecules me my self is running yamalube 20w-50 it protects it in 130 F weather down to 10F hope this helps ya
P.S NEVER ADD ANYTHING TO UR OIL BUT REGULAR OIL DUE TO IT LUBES THE CLUTCH U COULD DAMAGE THE CLUTCH AND WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CLUTCH'S
nate

r bike also with oil filter 2.96 us qt and with out is 2.64 qt so u will need almost 3 qts
I just bought regular Valvoline Premium Conventional Oil SAE 10w-40. Does anyone know if this would be ok to use with our bikes due to the wet clutch? The manual says something about API service SG type or higher and the back of the bottle says exceeds API services SM/SL. Does anyone know what the 'el this all means and if it would work? Many thanks!
S

Sara'sFZ6R

ps. I think the dork at the cycle shop sold me the wrong K&N oil filter for my bike. KN-204, does anyone know if this will work? My thoughts are no.....bastards!!!

zig308

K&N site lists:

2009 YAMAHA FZ6R 600 - All Motorcycle / Powersports Air Filter YA-6009

2009 YAMAHA FZ6R 600 - All Motorcycle / Powersports Oil Filter KN-204

2009 YAMAHA FZ6R 600 - All Motorcycle / Powersports Oil Filter KN-204C (chrome)

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I will be switching to Rotella T 5w-40 synth on this upcoming change.

JSP

Super Moderator
I just bought regular Valvoline Premium Conventional Oil SAE 10w-40. Does anyone know if this would be ok to use with our bikes due to the wet clutch? The manual says something about API service SG type or higher and the back of the bottle says exceeds API services SM/SL. Does anyone know what the 'el this all means and if it would work? Many thanks!
S
As long as the API circle is empty on the bottom half it should be ok for the clutch. It should NOT say Energy Conserving on it. That will cause the clutch to slip.