Oil ??????

tractorboy

About to do first service on the bike but what is the BEST to use and what weight?

I know Im opening pandora's box but c'mon..this'll be fun...Let the Opinions Fly!!

Im just not used to what goes in a 4 stroke road bike. I know what my dirtbikes like best but....

I want to start out with a GOOD solid oil for the baby and also I know they put a light weight in during break in so....... I just would like to see what others are using.........

PS..Im not a fan of Synthetics but Im open to all options here.

cbzdel

im a noob and have to add.. ANOTHER oil thread :spank:

S

Steph

Before anyone gets bent outta shape about this thread....
Realize it is in the FZ6R thread. Let this run its course, without making nasty comments!

V

VEGASRIDER

Have you tried using the search thread? As oil and anything else that has to do with oil has been beaten to death. There's even threads on how to change the oil with step by step instructions with pics, but I don't think anyone has made one for the R version, so maybe somebody could provide us with one.

I'm sure there isn't going to be much of a difference between the regular FZ and the newer R version.

Hellgate

Oil is good.

S

Steph

There's even threads on how to change the oil with step by step instructions with pics, but I don't think anyone has made one for the R version, so maybe somebody could provide us with one.

I'm sure there isn't going to be much of a difference between the regular FZ and the newer R version.
That's what I thought, but still, to be fair, we can let one thread go...then it is done and over with!

cbzdel

Before anyone gets bent outta shape about this thread....
Realize it is in the FZ6R thread. Let this run its course, without making nasty comments!
I said:

im a noob and have to add.. ANOTHER oil thread :spank:
only as a joke, because someone said the same thing to me when I asked a Q about oil lol

MNDZA

I like cats.

lilfuzz

I use the good kinda of oil. Ya know the black stuff that comes from the ground.......

S

shreveport1

Am I hearing 'Sling Blade"? Sure like dem French Fried Pertaters! Uh huh....LOL

We love you Bubba!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqTWQiTlhKQ]YouTube - french fried tators[/ame] Oh yea!!..:rof:

F

fz6nick

STEVE STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD! I repeat "steve stay away from this thread"

S

Steph

Hmm guess it was too much to ask eh? Nevermind! thought we could let ONE thread go for the FZ6Rs. We couldn't let the new folks with their new bikes have a go at the oil controversy? Then if there were anymore threads...it would be flame on.

cbzdel

Hmm guess it was too much to ask eh? Nevermind! thought we could let ONE thread go for the FZ6Rs. We couldn't let the new folks with their new bikes have a go at the oil controversy? Then if there were anymore threads...it would be flame on.
we need a recent topic section for the fz6 and another for the fz6r's lol.. keep away fz6 fools! :)

S

Steph

we need a recent topic section for the fz6 and another for the fz6r's lol.. keep away fz6 fools! :)
Hey now! I was an FZ6 fool...just FZ6less right now. Its ok. Maybe the next time someone does an oil change on their FZ6R...they can post a how to....and maybe that will be left alone! lol

tractorboy

That's what I thought, but still, to be fair, we can let one thread go...then it is done and over with!
I know...but again..IM asking what the "R"'s are doing and to date there is NOT one in this subcategory. thats the only reason im asking. Not all engines are created equal........

I see this is turning out to be a nightmare...sorry admin....I will search the FZ6 area on it and determine from there the best. I was just hoping someone would know what was used when the yamaha shop did their service on it.

I mean..I Like fries to but...sniff sniff.....I was hoping for some good discussion.....and intelligent opinions. Guess it finally being springs has gotten to us all.....LOL Thanks again.

S

shreveport1

I know...but again..IM asking what the "R"'s are doing and to date there is NOT one in this subcategory. thats the only reason im asking. Not all engines are created equal........

I see this is turning out to be a nightmare...sorry admin....I will search the FZ6 area on it and determine from there the best. I was just hoping someone would know what was used when the yamaha shop did their service on it.

I mean..I Like fries to but...sniff sniff.....I was hoping for some good discussion.....and intelligent opinions. Guess it finally being springs has gotten to us all.....LOL Thanks again.
I'm sorry Dude was just havin some fun.the oil used at the Yamaha shop is Yamalube.I would recomend Yamalube 20w50 for the summer heat you should buy 4 quarts.add 2 and a half check the level then start the bike for a about a min let it sit for 5min check again then add till it's full.(THANK'S FOR BEING A GOOD SPORT) :D P.s. i think you can only get yamalube at the cycle shop.:rockon: