OES no cut frame sliders

varanman

Does anyone have OES no cut frame sliders? I am looking into those as my Shoguns failed me in a recent accident.

Xfactor evo

I just put some oes sliders on this past week. They look good and fit real good. I dont know how well they will work though. They were a decent price and easy to install.

Fizzer6R

Does anyone have OES no cut frame sliders? I am looking into those as my Shoguns failed me in a recent accident.
did your Shoguns break and fall still damaged plastic?

FYI - I got a used FZ6R, prev. guy went down slow speed on both sides with OES sliders. right hand side did it's job and slider still good, just slight rash on end of it now. left hand side did it's job also, survived the crash, but later down the road literally fell off. must've cracked the metal bolt and held for a while, then finally snapped.

D

Deleted member 9794

I've got the OES sliders and although I've been lucky enough not to test them in a crash, the wind has knocked my bike over to the left and to the right.

No scratches on the paint although I did get minor rash on the black plastic faux air scoops, front signal lights, bar ends, and the sliders. Also, when it fell to the left, the handlebar managed to dent the tank (the handlebar didn't bend but actually twisted in the clamp). I'm gonna get someone that does paint-less dent removal to check it out.

I feel like the sliders did their job, without them I would have had major fairing damage. I'll try to post pics later.

varanman

did your Shoguns break and fall still damaged plastic?

FYI - I got a used FZ6R, prev. guy went down slow speed on both sides with OES sliders. right hand side did it's job and slider still good, just slight rash on end of it now. left hand side did it's job also, survived the crash, but later down the road literally fell off. must've cracked the metal bolt and held for a while, then finally snapped.
I went down, the Shoguns broke, and my whole left fairing along with many other parts got badly damaged and scratched.

varanman

I've got the OES sliders and although I've been lucky enough not to test them in a crash, the wind has knocked my bike over to the left and to the right.

No scratches on the paint although I did get minor rash on the black plastic faux air scoops, front signal lights, bar ends, and the sliders. Also, when it fell to the left, the handlebar managed to dent the tank (the handlebar didn't bend but actually twisted in the clamp). I'm gonna get someone that does paint-less dent removal to check it out.

I feel like the sliders did their job, without them I would have had major fairing damage. I'll try to post pics later.
Ouch. Same with mine.

Xfactor evo

I got em from oesaccessories one cool thing is my bike is yellow and the letters on it match the bike. I have pics on my phone but for some reason they wont upload so if you want pm me your number and i will mms them to yah

D

Deleted member 9794

Here are the pics - anything you see on the paint is just dirt :rolleyes:

mike1000

Hey guys and girls lets not forget that the major role of frame sliders is to protect our frames and engine components from major or catastrophic damage. They really aren't made to protect paint, fairings, odds and ends parts and cosmetic features.

That being said, I have had the misfortune of putting a few different brands of sliders to the test, once personally and a couple times due to theft of a couple previous bikes. All three sets (t-rex, oem yamaha no cuts and shogun no cuts) saved my bikes from bent or cracked frames and major engine damage because they did what they were supposed to. They allowed the bikes to slide instead of digging or flipping. Please don't purchase sliders just because they look cool or are way too short to save your bike and maybe your butt. I know first hand that these brands work. I have shogun no cuts on my 6r now.

Just like a good helmet, sliders are really made to take only one serious hit. If you ride away after an accident and the damn slider falls off right afterward, who cares?! The important thing is that we are alive and able to ride the bike away, although slightly beat up from the big nasty that we got into. The bike still cranked and was capable of you riding your baby away.

Raven_6R

Just to let everyone know...

I have the TRex no cuts on and just a few days ago the bike got knocked over in my driveway. They did an excellent job, no scracthes to fairing or handlebar end, etc.

The slider itself has a good scrape in it but thats about it.

XTRAWLD

I concur with mike1000 - they are designed to protect frame and engine, not your fairings or cosmetic damage. Sure it may help lessen the cosmetic damaged when it's dropped, but that's not really what they were designed to do.