New to the forum

FZ6R29708

Just want to drop a line and say hello. I purchased a 2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R this past week. I traded in my 06 GS500F. I'd been seriously considering the Kawi 650R, but the dealer had this Yamaha on the sales floor. It had been originally purchased by a new rider, and she found it to be "too much bike." It only has 45 miles on it. After a lot of reading, I decided to go with the Yamaha. I'll tell you this... The difference between my GS500F and the FZ are staggering. I was bored with the GS, but had no idea that the FZ would be pure magic. Riding home from the dealer, I was stunned at how different a bike can be from another. Everything about it feels right, although getting used to the additional power is going to take a little time. Anyway, glad there's a forum with so much useful info.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

FZ6R29708

:welcome: from Villa Rica, GA.

You'll definitly get some pleasure from your new girfriend.

Make sure you abuse the "search" function while exploring.

Otherwise FZRblack will spank you. :D
Actually, I was going to PM him asking about decal removal and K&N filters. ;) I figured that would be starting off on the right foot. lol I've seen that he's very active, and his a lot of useful info. This is a great site. Thanks for the welcoming. You hit the nail on the head, btw, the Yami is my new GF, errr, mistress.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Welcome to the forums! Like Brue said, lots of info on here and pretty much every basic and advanced question has been hit on.

Got a thread on oil that will awnser all your questions
And so many others!!!

CDN6R

Welcome to the group,,and as we all know Yellow is the fastest. FZRBlack knows it too but he will not admit it!:p

JonKerr

Elite Member

FZ6R29708

You really don't want to go there again, do you? :D
I'd read somewhere that Yellow's are purported to be faster. Not sure how that could possibly be true. Anyway, the bike is plenty fast for me. Moving from the GS500F to this one is truly night and day. It really is pure magic.

Mr Citrus

I'd read somewhere that Yellow's are purported to be faster. Not sure how that could possibly be true. Anyway, the bike is plenty fast for me. Moving from the GS500F to this one is truly night and day. It really is pure magic.
The yellow has more magic than the others:)

CrazyCawi

Yep. Rossi cant even touch our cadmiums.