New Tank Grip

Detrich

B... Have you ever ridden IdyllWild 243 off the 10 near Beaumont? That's one of my FAVORITE roads to drive during the summertime in LA. It ascends through San Bernardino National Forest and twists & winds it's way all the way through Hemet on the other side... The entire route can be done in about 2+ hours, depending if you stop to sight see or not...

It's kinda far for us in LA- but s/b close to you. I would drive up there first and scout the road conditions- in case there's snow or ice from the rains... The view up there is spectacular...

Look up IdyllWild, CA on google maps...

b_who

Detrich_ no iv never heard about it but its not in my backyard either its about the same distance away as Ortega highway..its in San Bernardino county but SB's county is one of the biggest

just Google Grand Terrace, CA and you'll see i'm kind of in the middle of everything thats y i don't mind drives to take a good ride

looks cool ima have to ride there someday soon

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

I have some pictures from IdyllWild that I'll look for and upload. Hard to take pix in da twisties... =)

Last edited:

Detrich

the pictures don't really give a good representation of how FUN and TWISTY this road is, much less the view as you literally ascend from ground level into the heavens!

it's just i didn't feel like risking driving off a cliff (literally) while trying to snap photos... <lol> i'll get a dash mount one of these days and do videos. i have a video camera now at least... :p

p.s. i can get jiggy widdit sometimes, too... <lol>

wehope

Tech Spec is making a set of traction pads

I came across this on Ebay today. This might be a good solution for those of you with the 2009 white bike that want to cover up the tank graphics. The pic isn't of a 6R, but you get the idea.

2009 - 2010 Yamaha FZ6R Tech Spec, TechSpec : eBay Motors (item 250587944533 end time Mar-28-10 20:23:33 PDT)
I had put the Tech Spec snake skin traction pads on my Christmas list because the vendor listed the FZ6R seperately from the previous model. Of course it didn't fit. I checked the Tech Spec website and they listed the same set for both models.

I dropped them a note and they had me send a template. I just got off the phone with them and should have a set to fit my bike next week.

I'll post a followup and photos once I get the pads installed. Don't know if Tech Spec will make a stock kit out of it or not.

Detrich

NoDoze

i wonder why none of the online vendors actually has an actual picture of the exact tank grip on an actual fz6r
You guys should send in your pix to the vendors to propagate our bike's awesome looks on their website. This hopefully will persuade manufacturer's as well as future owners to support our FZ6Rs!

They all look great! Thanks to everyone who have sacrificed their $$$ and bought the tank grips - so that all of us can benefit in choosing the ones that suit our taste :)

Last edited:

FZ6RGUY

Any update on this? Want to order tech spec kit but they have no pics of what it actually looks like. Does anybody have tech spec grips????

Detrich

I did submit my custom-made cut-out pix to Tech Spec for reference...

FZ6RGuy> Click on my virtual garage to see the custom cutouts I made... Tech Spec DOES have pix of grips for the FZ6R on their site. They go on the tank tho...

Last edited:

Gilbuddy

So, I finally put on my "custom" TechSpec tank grips.

I too, like others, didn't like the FZ6R-specific versions TechSpec provides because they are for the tank only (which I find only helpful when hanging off). In general, I'm normally only contacting the little strip below the tank.

Here are a few pics for those interested (with the Snakeskin grips):

I created my own template, ordered the General Sport Sheets, and cut them out myself. Wasn't too bad except I chamferred the edges using a rotary sander since I didn't have a pedestal or bench top grinder. You can see some flaws as a result of my method! ;-)

I have a PDF version of the template for anyone that is interested. Or I'll just post a link here if I ever figure out how to do that.

Detrich

Nice job!

What type of frame sliders are those?

b_who

Heres some pic's of the Stomp Grip in all black i forgot to post

Had them for a while and absolutely LOVE them,
the come pre-cut and fit our bikes perfectly.

They have the black one like mine or the clear up top that covers the tank and black lower half to cover where the knees would sit.

Attachments