new sprockets and chain

blackout164

im thinking about going to a -1 front and +1 rear sprocket set up.. does anyone have this set up? i am looking for a little more acceleration, without giving up too much highway gas mileage lol. from the research ive done this seems like a happy medium for what im looking for... input? also, i was wondering what chain size i should get.

just so everyone is clear, i already read other forums on "sprocket ratios" or w.e it is.. i already know the link is coming. i just want to know from someone else that has this on THEIR bike.

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

-1 +1 will be decent to accommodate for what you are looking for. I would do a 520 conversion, its not really "converting" anything, your just using a 520 setup. The higher the pitch(520,525,530) are just thickness variables so the higher the number the more rotating mass. they say 525 hosts optimal strength and durability over time, BUT that was a thing of the 90's bikes. The steel ultra light sprockets and hard annondized aluminum sprockets of a 520 kit last just as long. If you get the new EK 3d chain its now the lightest and strongest/longest lasting chain ever made. $175 on motomummy.com

Neo

im thinking about going to a -1 front and +1 rear sprocket set up.. does anyone have this set up? i am looking for a little more acceleration, without giving up too much highway gas mileage lol. from the research ive done this seems like a happy medium for what im looking for... input? also, i was wondering what chain size i should get.

just so everyone is clear, i already read other forums on "sprocket ratios" or w.e it is.. i already know the link is coming. i just want to know from someone else that has this on THEIR bike.
how did you go with this mod?