New Puig Touring Windshield! (with pics)

littlepinecone

Got my new Puig Touring Windshield!

With the stock windshield, at highway speeds, it was difficult to hear UselessPickles through our com system over the wind noise (although, if I turned the music all the way up, I had no trouble hearing that). After trying Puig Racing shield (which was slightly higher than the stock one due to the bubble shape) with little difference, I opted to try the bigger touring windshield. I was a little nervous at first that it would look too big on the bike, but I think it might look alright.

Took it out for a test ride (although it was only a half hour, since it was so cold), and so far I’m really happy with it. The wind noise, even at highway speeds, is greatly decreased, and I don’t get any wind buffeting my helmet around when exceeding 80 (I mean, of course, I always obey the posted speed limit). UP took it out for a spin too, and at 6 foot (six inches taller than me), he only felt wind blowing on the top of his helmet. However, at highway speeds, he encountered significant wind noise, but by ducking down a few inches, was able to nearly eliminate it. (I guess there are some advantages to being short, afterall)

So all in all, I’d have to give this windshield the thumbs up. The only down side is that it took almost 2 months for it to get here – none of the US distributors had any in stock, and we had to wait for it to ship from overseas. So if you are thinking you might want one of these for the coming riding season, I’d order it sooner rather than later.

Here are some more pictures of it:

From the side:

From the rear:

Rider View:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

Two months? Ouch... Where did you order it from? It took me a week from Kneedraggers...

littlepinecone

It was $110 from Indysuperbike.com

Its not their fault it took so long though, at the time we ordered it, there were none in the US (UP talked to the distributors for Puig, and it had to be ordered directly from them, but through one of their US companies, so UP had indysuperbikes order if for him - i'm not sure if i explained that clearly, it was complicated, and UP handled it, so he knows more about that than i do). I got it in december, but i'm just now getting around to taking pics of it (was hoping for a little warmer weather!)

Y

yellowfz

Yeah the Puig Touring are nice . :)
Feel lucky it took 6 months for mine to arrive once ordered .

littlepinecone

Looks very nice. You can also add a lip for a perfect setup.
Thanks! and I'm hoping to be able to get by without the lip (its not a look i prefer, and also extra $$$). I'm think I'm short enough that the bare windshield should do the trick. We'll see once the warmer weather hits and I do some more serious riding.

Feel lucky it took 6 months for mine to arrive once ordered .
ouch! I'd be well into the next riding season if mine took that long. I'm glad mine got here before all the warm weather. hopefully yours was worth the wait. :)

FJRGuy

Thanks for the great review. I've heard about this windscreen but hadn't seen it yet. Looks like it's next on the list! I'll be sure to order it soon so I have it by June for NAFO.
You and UselessPickles should saddle up and head west to NAFO in June so you and Duracell can compare notes on the bike. :D

FJRGuy

Two months? Ouch... Where did you order it from? It took me a week from Kneedraggers...
Can you point me to this on their website? I can't find it. :(

Arrrggggh! Can't find this windshield at Kneedraggers, Indysuperbike, or anywhere else for that matter! Any clues to where I could buy one of these would be appreciated!

Last edited:

jgangoo

side boxes

Hi

That saddle boxes and fixtures looks good for a sports touring setup. What is the capacity and where did you get that from?

ngengs

The cases are 35 liters each. More pictures and details here: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f75/givi-v35-side-case-photos-mounting-brackets-etc-23811/

Scroll down a few posts for links and prices.

Add some reflective tape for better night-time visibility: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/reflective-tape-givi-v35-side-cases-24077/
With these mountings, did you have to alter anything on your bike's passenger foot pegs? I see from the pics in your link that there's pipe/tubing connected to the bottom of the mounting frame to what looks like that back of the peg? Any special tools required? Thanks in advance.

Roaddawg

I ordered one of these from Kneedraggers over a month ago. I asked them yesterday if they had an idea when it would be in and they said they are at the mercy of the vendor...who is Western Power Sports, one of the main distibutors for motorcycle parts FOR motorcycle stores, in the US. So, don't expect to get one too quickly. Hopefully, they ordered more than one when they ordered mine.

littlepinecone

With these mountings, did you have to alter anything on your bike's passenger foot pegs? I see from the pics in your link that there's pipe/tubing connected to the bottom of the mounting frame to what looks like that back of the peg? Any special tools required? Thanks in advance.
As far as i know, nothing on the bike was altered, and the initial installation didn't actually take very long. I'll see if i can get Jeff (UselessPickles) on here a little later to give you guys some better info, since he's the one who installed it.

rtho782

I have the same Givi panniers:

XJ6 Diversion F - Imgur

The fitting kit for our bike is the PLXR364.

It attaches as shown here: http://www.givi.co.uk/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_uk/51527/0.0.1.man_plxr364.pdf

You replace the bolts on the passenger footpegs but they are still usable etc. The racks are quick release, you just do a quarter twist with a special tool on 7 bolts (3 each side one in the middle)

I fitted mine in my work car park as they got delivered to work and I had no way to get them home. I only used the toolkit that came with the bike. It took me about 25 mins, and that was only because the exhaust was in the way of one of the footpegs.

2QUIK4U

I ordered one of these from Kneedraggers over a month ago. I asked them yesterday if they had an idea when it would be in and they said they are at the mercy of the vendor...who is Western Power Sports, one of the main distibutors for motorcycle parts FOR motorcycle stores, in the US. So, don't expect to get one too quickly. Hopefully, they ordered more than one when they ordered mine.
Hi All,
I am new to the forum. My husband/mechanic just installed the Puig Touring screen in smoke, and the SW Motech center stand, from Twisted Throttle on my new FZ6R. We were able to order the Puig screen at a Cycle Gear store and it only took 5 business days. The screen is not listed in their online catalogue, but they were able to order it at the store. The cost was $143 ($129 with 10% military discount)