New owner and good deal in the Seattle area

FZ6Rmibmo

Today I became a new owner of a yellow FZ6R. I bought it new from a dealership north of Seattle. The price was pretty good and I wanted to let other potential buyers in the area know about it before the clock runs out on the sale. I've been reading posts on this site for a couple of months. My thanks for the information and experiences shared. I will try to do the same as time goes on.

The Seattle part...
I have nothing to do with these guys. I just wanted to get the word out in case there's anyone else in the situation I was in a few days ago ... looking for the best deal around. Smokey Point Cycle Barn in Arlington, WA, has three or four more left. The price is $6209 plus $50 document fee plus tax and license. I know they had a couple of white ones and a blue one. The saleman said that I got the last yellow one. I'm not sure about black. This "Red Tag Sale" runs until this Saturday, Aug. 29.

The out-the-door price for me was $6259 + $557 sales tax + $95 license = $6911. They also let me put it on my cash-back credit card, which will get me down around a total OTD price of $6840 when I eventually get the refund on the card.

The saleman I had was Jackson Gray. Easy guy to talk to and work with, and no pressure. The obligatory "shop tour" was snail slow, but the employees were nice, and the Finance person, Adawna, was not the least bit pushy. I had never been in this dealership before. I saw the sale in cycletrader.com and on the dealership web site.

So I'm a HAPPY new owner! Good luck to those who might still be pondering a purchase. Not a lot of time left in the riding season in this part of the country, but that's okay. It's a great bike and tomorrow is supposed to be sunny!

Yone

Nice! You got a great deal!

Manna69247

Congratz on a excellent choice. May you have allot of happy and safe times :thumbup:

Are you a new rider or do you have previous experience and on what?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the new wheels! :wav:

You are going to enjoy riding it and getting to know both your limits.

Have fun and ride safe!

FZ6Rmibmo

Follow-up

Thanks for the welcome.

The tax ... yeah, 9%. Washington doesn't have a state income tax. We do it all with sales tax.

I've been riding off and on for 30 years. I've had 6 or 7 bikes in that time. The last was a Suzuki V-Strom 1000. Great bike, but a bit tall and heavy for me, plus a few other things that I never got used to about it. As I get older, I find that I'm much more into the overall riding experience than pure performance. I completely agree with the recent review of the FZ6R in Motorcycle Consumer News (comparing it against the Gladius and ER-6n). They called the driveability "untouchable." Yes indeed.

Now I just need to get a centerstand, rear rack and top case. I have an inquiry into twistedthrottle to try and get an SW Motech centerstand (made for the Euro XJ6) and Givi rack and top case (also advertised for the XJ6 and XJ6 Diversion). I recently checked about the Yamaha rack and top case at a dealership in Canada. They said the rear rack has a 2- to 6-week flow time on it right now.

oyamyers

Welcome to another Seattle area rider. There are a few of us in the Puget Sound area. We need to get together for a ride soon. Enjoy the ride.

cbzdel

Welcome!! From another Local :)

WenMark

Congrats on the new bike. Any pictures for us? Don't forget we all get to write it off on our taxes next year:wav:

Stricken

Funny I got the same exact price here in Houston TX from Team Mancuso Powersports SW