New member from Texas

Lcradcpt

Hi all,

My name is Landon,
I recently got my 2013 FZ6 and I'm not new to riding but new to this style and bike.
Been riding cruisers since the middle 80's and just got board and burned out on the heavy bike (2001 Road star) Still have it though.
Went to local shop to get a dirt bike to ride in the woods near my home and came home with this thing.
What FUN it is!
Completely different riding experience, has re ignited my passion to ride again.
I read more than post and just wanted to introduce my self.

Landon,

latony007

Congrats, you will really enjoy this bike. i started on a cruiser too but realized riding the canyons was going to be what i was doing most with my friends and nothing like a sport bike for that. Your right a totally different riding experience. Kinda the difference between riding and being along for the ride lol. Or like the difference between a mini van and a porche. Thats not to say there isnt a place for the mini van. i still have a cruiser and like to take it whenever my wife or daughter want to go on a ride or run errands etc. Im actually taking it on a "poker run" for charity along the malibu coast next weekend.

J

justBlue

Texas

Welcome.

I have a 2013 FZ6R - Blue. I live just a couple miles south of Houston (Friendswood). Your closer to the Texas Hill country then I. Good riding!

latony007

Welcome.

I have a 2013 FZ6R - Blue. I live just a couple miles south of Houston (Friendswood). Your closer to the Texas Hill country then I. Good riding!
There are hills in texas? My inlaws actually live in cypress and when i was there, although briefly, i didnt see anything that so much as resembled a slight rise. Flat as a fricken pancake lol

xinu

I just got one as well a few weeks ago coming from a cruiser. Glad to hear the fun has begun. You came to a great place to get info about the 6R and the folks that ride 'em.

Slick

You'll have to head west to find the Hill Country (unless you already know where they are!). I lived in Hill Country for 5 years, two of them with my FZ6R. The Three Sisters is a great ride, as is the Devil's Backbone between Austin and Mineral Springs (if I remember correctly). Fredericksburg is a great base to ride from, and there is Llano, Kerrville, Johnson City, Luckenbach, etc. I have more than 10,000 miles on these roads.

Welcome, and check back often for useful posts and great modification suggestions.

-Slick