New levers...

lwclancers

Yay. Now to find a thread on how to install these, I know its only a few mins, but, never tried it before. Wasnt too sure about the feel and finish, but they are nicer than I thought.

Gives me something else to install besides my new Sensa bluetooth set, new HID retrofit, flushies, helmet,...Im having way too much fun this spring :)

lwclancers

Thought maybe a pic would help ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

lwclancers

I saw them on the major thread CrazyCawi started last summer....but a tad cheaper through their ebay store. You can pick the main color and adjustor color on these ones. Since I have the white/red with gold rims, I went this route with on the color combo.

They are adjustable, and have the breakaway joint on them. They also have solid shorties, adjustable, etc. I might only adjust them out slightly.

Thanks for the tip up there for the install :)

Here is the storefront on ebay:
CNC Lever Guard, Grips - Bar Ends items in The2Wheels store on eBay!

Here is the one I got specifically (I hope its ok to post the URL, since Im not selling them):
Folding Foldable Extendable Levers Yamaha FZ6R 2009 11 | eBay

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

So, they aren't too bad. As a number of folks indicated in the main thread I mentioned, I did have to file down the break side a little. It wasn't too big a deal, just a few stray nicks, but its covered up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

W0rp3D

Any of you guys have trouble with the bush for the clutch lever?

Mine came with one but the hole is way to big for the pin/bolt to sit it nicely, the bush seems pressed into the lever, i tried to slide the one off the factory lever in but the hole is not bit enough.

BoneJj

Any of you guys have trouble with the bush for the clutch lever?

Mine came with one but the hole is way to big for the pin/bolt to sit it nicely, the bush seems pressed into the lever, i tried to slide the one off the factory lever in but the hole is not bit enough.
Take a soda can, cut it apart and use the can to make a wrap around the end until it fits. Glue in place with epoxy.

Problem solved for a little while?

lwclancers

Had no problems on mine, it fit nicely for that part

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member