New LED blinkers out of sync...

FitZ6R

i just put this in. actually i tried both of them and im still having the same problem with the strong rear leds and the really light leds up front. they are still out of sync. what else can i try? Please help!
Did you correct the wiring like I suggested?

mike1000

it kinda sounds to me like u got a running/blinker light wire hooked up to a factory ground wire. im so used to green being ground that i had kinda the same issue when i installed my flush mounts. swapped the wires and all was good to go. as FitZ6R stated, the black is ground, blue is running light and depending on what side u r on, the last wire is the blinker
So if the blinker has two wires, a solid black and a striped black, what do the non ground other two factory wires hook up to? Both to the blinker's hot?

FitZ6R

So if the blinker has two wires, a solid black and a striped black, what do the non ground other two factory wires hook up to? Both to the blinker's hot?
Leave the factory blue wire unconnected.

elishatarvin

yes, if there are only 2 wires on ur LEDs then one is ground and one is blinker. there is no running light apparently. now if the LEDs use the black as ground is not so apparent. when i hooked up the flush mount ground wire to either the running light or blinker (cant remember which) the lights just didnt operate properly (non rhythmic blinking, faded etc). so if u try it one way and it acts weird, just switch the wires. and as FitZ6R beat me to it again, leave the blue (factory running light wire) disconnected, but wrap some electrical tape around the end of it so it doesnt accidently contact metal and cause more problems

mike1000

yes, if there are only 2 wires on ur LEDs then one is ground and one is blinker. there is no running light apparently. now if the LEDs use the black as ground is not so apparent. when i hooked up the flush mount ground wire to either the running light or blinker (cant remember which) the lights just didnt operate properly (non rhythmic blinking, faded etc). so if u try it one way and it acts weird, just switch the wires. and as FitZ6R beat me to it again, leave the blue (factory running light wire) disconnected, but wrap some electrical tape around the end of it so it doesnt accidently contact metal and cause more problems
I appreciate the info. Hopefully thats all it is. I'll give a heads after getting into it tomorrow.

mike1000

That's the problem. The black wire (not striped on my bike or in the wiring diagram) is ground. Blue is the running light and brown ("chocolate," officially) is the turn signal. Your LEDs are floating between the running light and turn signal circuits, which is causing the out of sync flash.
It's all good now. Everything is bright and fast and in sync. Thanks to all of you who posted replies. You were a great help!