New House

bmw675

Well, I finally got a contract on my previous house last week. Supposed to have a closing at the end of the month. :wav:

So I stepped up my housing search again (moved for work 2 years ago, and I've been living in an apt since). What I found out: the housing prices are still down from where they were, but the houses are beginning to fly fast. 30 year fixed rates UNDER 3.5% doesn't hurt either.

I found one today and I'm writing up an offer tomorrow. More house than a single person needs, but will also make a great investment for the future. 13 year old, 4 bedroom house in a desirable small community just a few miles from the main city here, Champaign. Hope it goes well. :thumbup:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Detrich

Congrats! :)

bmw675

Congrats!! We are going to try to sell our house in about a year and a half. Hopefully we don't have many issues. Glad that it is working out for you.
I hope it all works out. That was the fastest I've ever negotiated for anything of major value (truck/car/bike). I wrote the first offer at 430 this afternoon, and agreed and signed a final amount at 800pm. :eek:

All contingent upon my previous house closing by the end of the month. I sure hope this works out. I've got garage plans already.

Garage is heated/insulated and is begging for a table lift. :D