New helmet has arrived

mchury

I got my new helmet i paid $37.00 for.(thats including shipping) Everything seems to be great with it so far. Fits really good. Seems really durable. I mean i didnt go banging it off the road to see how it held up but from what i can tell it seems like a good helmet

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Looks nice. Matches the Yellow Yamaha Star... not for those who think it was ugly and took it off.

Is it DoT or Snell Approved?

Detrich

nice & congrats! what make/ model is it? great price too...

i bought a royal blue HJC CL-15 closeout from compacc.com, and above 45 MPH the wind noise is kinda noticeable... but, i'm not really going anywhere too fast yet. so, for my starter helmet i think it's okay...

Newmason

Detrich I just bought a CL-15 on closeout as well, and your right, the wind noice is pretty loud in this helmet! I am thinking about upgrading already and using this one for the girlfriend

mchury

ok to answer all your questions the vents seem to be fine on it. The wind noise is noticable a lil bit at about 80 mph. The lens doesnt fog up as much as my other helmet, which is a fulmer that i got with the bike. It is Dot approved not to sure about snell. The make is TMS. The model is "Super Star" It is one size smaller than my fulmer and is more comfertable. The padding is very nice and you can take two pieces that surround the straps out if you chose to do so. The wind resistance factor is awesome i got up to around 85 mph and couldnt feel any pressure. Any other questions lemme know.

Heineken

Elite Member

Detrich

good to know for when it comes time to upgrade later down the road... a lot of my friends recommended shoei rf-1000 series too. but, they didn't really go into why or how... now i'm learning... :)

+1 on the wind noise of the HJC CL-15.
Just got a Shoei RF-1100 the other week and bottom line is this: I just love it. Two thumbs up all the way.

bmw675

Detrich I just bought a CL-15 on closeout as well, and your right, the wind noice is pretty loud in this helmet! I am thinking about upgrading already and using this one for the girlfriend
maybe it's an HJC thing. my cl-sp is the same way.