New GoPro Hero 3; Black Edition

Frinksbonkers

Just received a new GoPro camera as a birthday gift :) First impressions are that its a great bit of kit and the remote with built in WiFi is a great feature and it can operate more than one camera as well. Its my first action camera so i'm a bit of a newbie to it. Ordered two 32GB Micro SD cards for it, some extra sticky mounts, Two spare batteries and a HDMI cable for it.

I will upload some videos once i get the SD cards, there are some lovely roads out in Spain, and ill do a guided tour video of Gibraltar for you all as well!

Attachments

dmkun

Could you also take a few pictures of where and how you end up mounting the camera? Also looking forward to the videos!! :)

Frinksbonkers

Im still waiting on the mouts in the post, i have one on my helmet though, and one on the rear swing arm. i have ordered the tripod adapter so i can mount it on my handle bars or use the suction cup. i also ordered the GoPole arm to move the camera out from the bike to get some different angles. I am planning on getting the roll cage mount and attatching it to the crash bung to get a view out from the front wheel. I will upload pics once i have all the kit.

Frinksbonkers

Another Vid, shorter and more to the point! mounted on the frame slider.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jpP4bsp6HM]XJ6 Gibraltar - YouTube[/ame]

Frinksbonkers

Two places i mount my Camera:

Helmet
Frame Slider

Frinksbonkers

Its held on with a sticky mount, it feels fairly secure. im not gonna trust them in the summer months though as its gets hot and im pretty sure the stick pad will become unstuck

BKP

I've mounted multiple cams with stickies to multiple black helmets in the Atlanta summer sun... No problems... Yet. Also have my latest Sena mounted by sticky.

I've also removed them... Lots and lots of time with a hair dryer on high, along with pulling and twisting... They don't give it up easily.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

dreasi0n

Hello guys,

This may seem a stupid question but I got to ask anyway...

I've seen a lot of GoPROs with sticky mounts but always on shiny/glossy helmets. Does this works as well on matt painted helmets?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

dreasi0n

Yes, I had a matte helmet and it sticks just fine. The mounting tape that they use is extremely sticky, and has a very strong hold.
Thanks! I'm confident now that the GoPRO won't fall off.

So, another question... I've seen some tank mounts that screw on the tank cap... Do you know this? Is it good in vibration and viewing angle?
I'm aiming to see the speedo and the road as well as a bit of sky.

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks! I'm confident now that the GoPRO won't fall off.

So, another question... I've seen some tank mounts that screw on the tank cap... Do you know this? Is it good in vibration and viewing angle?
I'm aiming to see the speedo and the road as well as a bit of sky.

I use the suction cup and works great. Just make sure its a clean flat spot. Use a tether just in case though. Would recommend a tether no matter how you mount it.

This is with the suction cup: (the speedo view)

Gopro is very wide angle. Hard to NOT get the right shot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vCzjQ5wAew"]JSP & Tatty 3-10-2013 Ride GOPRO HD - YouTube[/ame]

CrazyCawi

I use the suction cup and works great. Just make sure its a clean flat spot. Use a tether just in case though. Would recommend a tether no matter how you mount it.

This is with the suction cup: (the speedo view)

Gopro is very wide angle. Hard to NOT get the right shot.

JSP & Tatty 3-10-2013 Ride GOPRO HD - YouTube
i like your vid....:cool: