New FZ6R owner

Roaddawg

Thanks Roaddawg,
Only went to that site to find the right windshield for the FZ1. V-Stream made the best for that bike. On the FZ6, I had the Cee Bailey. Both worked great and served their purpose.
Now I am looking for a bit taller windshield for this model to complete the bike.
Added Gel Grips, and my Batman logos. Looks great and rides great.
Waiting on more threads about the Yamaha Double Bubble (Clear) before I go this route. Seems like it is the same size but looks great. Need one a little higher for the long hauls and interstate riding.
Your thoughts?
I'm waiting for a taller windscreen as well...being 6'3". I have the clear Yamaha DB and its worth the money over the stock. I've bugged those other companies about making windsheild, but they haven't yet. The one GIVI initially had on their web site said it would fit, but it doesn't fit the US FZ6R. Here's the thread: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/givi-touring-windscreen-18458/

That one would be perfect for me. I['m still waiting on Stuna to post some pics on his FZ6 windshield he adapted to the 6R.

FZ6Ryder

Thanks Roaddawg,
Keep me posted on the windshield.
Might have to go with the Clear one from Yamaha.
Does this one make a difference from stock? I'm 5"11" and just want to keep flying debris away from my neck and cut down the wind in the lower face area. I use the AFX FX-44 Helmet with tinted shield. Chin is not covered like the full face but effective. Great helmet. Just can't stand the full face because it feels like a astronaut helmet.
Thanks

Roaddawg

Thanks Roaddawg,
Keep me posted on the windshield.
Might have to go with the Clear one from Yamaha.
Does this one make a difference from stock? I'm 5"11" and just want to keep flying debris away from my neck and cut down the wind in the lower face area. I use the AFX FX-44 Helmet with tinted shield. Chin is not covered like the full face but effective. Great helmet. Just can't stand the full face because it feels like a astronaut helmet.
Thanks
The DB smooths the air flow around you...less buffeting. If pushes the air right to the top of my helmet, but I still get hit with bugs and water. It's definitely better than stock, but not quite tall enough for me. I'll let you now.

FZ6Ryder

Ordered DB Clear windshield

Hey Roaddawg,
Ordered the Clear DB windshield and it is due to come in Wednesday.
Also picked up some blue weighted barends to go with it.
Should be good to go with the new mods.
Had a great weekend for riding this weekend to open the bike up more.
Handles great on the twists and flat out drag.
Beats the crap out of the 2008 FZ6 for comfort.
Looking to get a backup small cruiser for the cruiser dudes I ride with.
Suzuki S40 or Kawasaki 500 LTD? Your thoughts? The VStar 650 is just to bulky, but looks good. Need something different, going to give it to my son who turns 15, and can ride on a Learners Permit.

Roaddawg

Hey Roaddawg,
Ordered the Clear DB windshield and it is due to come in Wednesday.
Also picked up some blue weighted barends to go with it.
Should be good to go with the new mods.
Had a great weekend for riding this weekend to open the bike up more.
Handles great on the twists and flat out drag.
Beats the crap out of the 2008 FZ6 for comfort.
Looking to get a backup small cruiser for the cruiser dudes I ride with.
Suzuki S40 or Kawasaki 500 LTD? Your thoughts? The VStar 650 is just to bulky, but looks good. Need something different, going to give it to my son who turns 15, and can ride on a Learners Permit.
HARDKNOCK GALLERY

I've been eyeballing these kit bikes for awhile. (kikker5150.com) It's be fun to build it with my boys. They're coming out with a 250cc V-twin and slightly larger frame next month. It would be just a fun, little cruising around town bike. I like the retro bobber bikes from the 50's.

TOMIK

new owner

I picked mine up last sataurday, and put 50 miles, all I can say what a easy and smooth bike to ride, plus styling and price.