new 2009s

bmw675

would you buy a brand new 2009 bike in the middle of 2011?
would you expect a big discount?

I've been to a few dealers here lately (all makes) and i've seen a few 2009s with 0 miles. seems like alot of the bikes have not changed in the last couple years, except for color maybe, so they might not be a bad buy for the right price. thoughts?

kevin8198

Elite Member

Harda toenail

The feeling of new gets some excited, but these bikes can be picked up for less than 5k easily with under 2k miles. Mine was $4500 with under 1100 miles (flawless condition).

DragonBlu

If that was the bike I wanted I would have no problem buying an '09 now. I paid $6450 out the door for my FZ6R in '09 so I would expect a thousand dollar discount on a two year old new bike. Call me crazy,it's been said before,but if they want to move them that is what i would pay.

bmw675

well the one that has really caught my attention is a 2009 daytona 675.
the dealer told me on the 2011 se that they would not come off msrp, but could drop the freight. didn't ask about 2009 but may have to.

Deanohh

They still haven't sold their new 09 Daytonas? You should look at the '11 Daytona R..... what a masterpiece. I'm sure not many are available. I'd take one at msrp if I didn't already have a '11 Street Triple R that I got before that Daytona was available. The Daytona riding position however is too agressive for me on longer rides now that I have become geezer age.

bmw675

They still haven't sold their new 09 Daytonas? You should look at the '11 Daytona R..... what a masterpiece. I'm sure not many are available. I'd take one at msrp if I didn't already have a '11 Street Triple R that I got before that Daytona was available. The Daytona riding position however is too agressive for me on longer rides now that I have become geezer age.
they had a 675r in indianapolis this weekend, it was 11,999 plus 475 freight, plus your normal ttl. no budging on that price at all. like you said not many are available and they dont mind that showpiece sitting ont he floor. the paint is incredible. personally, i'm not a fan of ohlins products, so i would rather have a standard 675 and mod it.

btw, i also like the looks of the the street triple r, how do you like it?

Last edited:

Deanohh

they had a 675r in indianapolis this weekend, it was 11,999 plus 475 freight, plus your normal ttl. no budging on that price at all. like you said not many are available and they dont mind that showpiece sitting ont he floor. the paint is incredible. personally, i'm not a fan of olins products, so i would rather have a standard 675 and mod it.

btw, i also like the looks of the the street triple r, how do you like it?
Its got plenty of everything for me. Get a ride on a demo bike if you can.... get it up above 7k rpm and just the sound of it will pump you up... and you better be hanging on. Pretty good low end torque too.

Last edited:

Detrich

triumph dealer told me in 4/2011 that selected triumph dealers will only get 1 unit of the 675 "R." and, that's if they are even lucky enough to get one at all... not all of them will get one. so, they can afford to keep prices high.

it all comes down to budget, patience, and due diligence, i guess...

i started shopping around 11/2010. and, it took me 5+ months before the right deal came along... but, i also had the 6R to ride in the meantime. so i could afford to take my time and make sure i got a good deal before pulling the trigger. craigslist is where i ended up. and, they actually have lotsa good deals. but u need to be patient and go thru them cautiously & patiently...

bmw675

craigslist is where i ended up. and, they actually have lotsa good deals. but u need to be patient and go thru them cautiously & patiently...
agree 100%, but thats what got me :(

sold my bike b/c i seen one online for a good deal, apparently it was a great deal b/c it sold. seen another that was a decent deal 2 hrs away but it sold within the week. 'tis the season i guess. On the bright side, I was able to unload my bike for more than i would get on trade in at a dealer.

the 2nd bike on my list is the 2010 r6 in white, i like the scheme of yours too but i've been looking at a blue tank for a while now and i need something a little different to look at. :D

Deanohh

I think the Yam R6's are the best looking in their class, but to me the GSXR 750's are overall a better bike.

Detrich

bmw> it's summer, so yah- if u see a good deal on craigslist, u kinda have to move quickly. what kinda prices are u seeing for the white 2010 r6 in ur area? back in april so cali dealers were selling new 2010 r6's for around $9.7k otd. and, 2011 r6's were around $11.3k otd... craigslist is an entirely different story- with prices all over the place, which is why u have to spend some time weeding thru all them...

dean> yah- the gsxr's are really nice... i esp like all the cool features they come with- ie fuel gauge, hazard lights, gear light indicator etc. etc. i wish honda & yamaha would incorporate some of those into their bikes as well. the new burnt orange one is really nice. one of my friend's friend just picked one up brand new and that thing is sharp.

CrazyCawi

bmw> it's summer, so yah- if u see a good deal on craigslist, u kinda have to move quickly. what kinda prices are u seeing for the white 2010 r6 in ur area? back in april so cali dealers were selling new 2010 r6's for around $9.7k otd. and, 2011 r6's were around $11.3k otd... craigslist is an entirely different story- with prices all over the place, which is why u have to spend some time weeding thru all them...

dean> yah- the gsxr's are really nice... i esp like all the cool features they come with- ie fuel gauge, hazard lights, gear light indicator etc. etc. i wish honda & yamaha would incorporate some of those into their bikes as well. the new burnt orange one is really nice. one of my friend's friend just picked one up brand new and that thing is sharp.
I want a daytona 675....I found one that was downed but not hard at all and htinking of buying and repairing it

bmw675

I havent worked a price out on an r6 yet, probably head over there tomorrow morning after work. they all have tags with msrp on them :rolleyes: you know how it is.

I dont know how many dealers you have in your area (envisioning alot), but around here they are spread out about 45 miles apart from each other. so there isn't a real hard competition between dealers, but i wouldn't mind a nice trip to save a few $$.