Neutral Safety Switch

pyrokittens

Just wanted to post this story to try to save someone else time. I searched around and it seems no one else has posted this problem before.

Yesterday my neutral safety switch died. When I pulled up to my moto club it was working fine, then when I went to leave the bike would start, but as soon as I put in in gear it would turn off. My first assumption was the kickstand sensor, but after taking it apart and bypassing it and doing the same thing to my clutch sensor I ruled them out. The neutral light would still come on and off when it was in and out of gear, which made me think it was something else other than the neutral safety switch, in addition I could not find a good diagram of where it was.

Finally after searching for a long time, I discovered the neutral safety switch on the very back of the transmission behind the side cover. I grounded out the end of the sensor to the frame, and ordered the Neutral safety switch. Now the neutral light is always on, but at least she runs till the new part gets here.