Need help with sizing lower fork bolts

SDGunfighter

***EDIT the exact size is M10-1.25x25 Socket Head Bolt/screw***

***If you have a used bike and it was previously lowered or has been dropped be careful. My bike had one very stripped bolt and was cut in half from prior owner. I had no idea of this and have been riding around like this. Luckily for me it never came loose but I can only imagine what would have happened if I was riding hard or hit a big bump.

Anyways, I wanted to lower my bike and found this issue. It seems that the bike was dropped/or In an accident bad enough to where the forks have been changed and the left lower fork clamp bolt was ruined during the install.

The bolt itself was intentionally cut and threaded by force.

Long story short I am in desperate need of one bolt that attaches to the lower fork. In the attached picture it's #43

I have ordering the part online and it's back ordered everywhere. I have gone to Pep Boys, Lowes, Home Depot and I have bought anything that looked close to fitting but none of them did.

Does anyone know the size or an equivalent substitute for this bolt? The closest bolt I think that might work would be an M10x1.00 but no store here locally carries them that I know of. I am guessing this simply because the closet bolt I have found so far is the M10x1.50 bolt so I am hoping someone can help out so I can stop wasting money trying to guess haha.

Also if you have spares I'll buy one or two. I can't ride without it ;(

Sent from my iPhone 6G-X using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/sdgunfighter

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

ej'sfz

Napa has a huge selection of nuts bolts to try themout as well. Might even have the allen heads

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Man I did a search for "bolt suppliers in San Diego" and came up up with several, most will sell to the public.

SDGunfighter

Well good news and bad news.

The bolt is an 10mm 1.25 thread pitch with a length of 25.

So
M10-1.25x25 is the exact size.

The bad news is that it's very rare! I've been driving and calling around all morning and have verified that Napa, Autozone, Pep Boys, Lowes, Home Depot, Carquest, and the best supplier United Fastner (thanks to them for verifying the size exactly) all do not carry them. M10-1.50 is easily found but too bad that will not work for us.

I'm tired of searching I went on eBay and found it. So at least I'll have it in here in a week or less vs. Yamaha on a back order until Jan. 2014!!!! WTF Yahmaha!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6G-X using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/sdgunfighter

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

If you don't mind me asking, how the heck did you lose the thing?