Naked??

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I took all the fairings off it and I like the look alot but i had to put them back on because there was nowhere to easily mount the front turn signals without messingg around with the wiring.

theres also a lot of extra mounting brackets and whatnot that would have to be taken off for a clean look but I think that it doesnt look too shabby
Any other shots of this? Like from the front or front and looking down the side?

Looks like maybe some small shrouds to cover the radiator and then taper back toward the front of the rider seat? :cool:

Novaspec

I personally dont care much for the naked style. I think if the gas tank was shaved down some it would look a little less "hunch-backish"

Yone

Fairings = A good thing!

Halon

I really like the naked look, but that's just me. I had considered taking my fairings off but all my driving is on the freeway basically, wouldn't that make it alot less comfortable to drive at higher speeds?

I would like to find some clip on style handlebars for mine though, which don't seem like they would fit with the front bodywork. So maybe it would be a trade off, more wind buffeting for more comfortable tuck in posture?

Last edited:

Curly

xj6 naked

i got an xj6 naked coz i didn't like the fairing. i thought about puttin clip ons on the ( im obsessed with puting clipons on everything) but i think, like Novaspec said earlier, the tank looks to " hunch backish" also the rear sets arn't far back enough and actually makes the position awkward and un-natural riding possition.
next time your out on the straight take your clutch hand off the bar and just put it low to the forks where your clip ons would be and imagine that was ur riding possition and you'lll see what i mean.

btw as for wind resistence a do 17 miles motorway driving and its not too bad. just after 85/90mph are you actually feel the breeze.

i wouldn't rule it out tho. i think naked is best!

Detrich

atomoverride

I love the look, but without a "package or kit" for the plastic pieces to hide some things I dont think it would be a good idea. Also without a windshield kinda puts us tall guys out.

Halon

I took all the fairings off it and I like the look alot but i had to put them back on because there was nowhere to easily mount the front turn signals without messingg around with the wiring.

theres also a lot of extra mounting brackets and whatnot that would have to be taken off for a clean look but I think that it doesnt look too shabby
With a few brackets that would look awesome IMO. Just needs an insturmentation mount a little closer up and a new mirror mount or something.

HK-47

Where did you get a new fairing? I have been looking everywhere and can only find them as a set. I need a right fairing badly and dont want to go naked.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bluefz6r

Where did you get a new fairing? I have been looking everywhere and can only find them as a set. I need a right fairing badly and dont want to go naked.
Stadium Yamaha has them for $252.92, but after adding all the parts to repair my 09 FZ6R after the accident I took the 'CART' printout and my local Motoworld in SD match the prices.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Darkpanda

I took off all my fairings, it looks so mean right now. People dont even know what kind of bike it is.

Darkpanda

Here's pics of my naked fz6r boys! Darkpanda out.....

frakkindust

i have naked not by choice bought it after someone wrecked it got good deal and looks pretty good but haven't figured out how to make headlight more secure will try and post pics soon if anyone has fixed headlight issue I would love to know how

Kevigou

I just mocked up a new round headlight, have to get proper brackets on still but think its going to look great!

Attachments

Kevigou

Side view- cant get pics from iPhone on this forum right side up!! Have tried taking them both ways and no luck sorry

Attachments