Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

W0rp3D

Aye, both of which are not functional in the US. No bulb in the crystal and no switch in the port hole. Euro versions are "hazard lights" just like on a car that flash the turn signals/running lights when activated.
Same here in australia, we dont have running lights either, The headlight on ours legally has to be on when the bike is running, when just the ignition is on the "crystal" as you guys call it is on as well as the park light in the brake, we also have an extra point on our ignition past lock that will turn on that light and the park light at the rear.

BoneJj

I still find it kind of dopey that they wouldn't just put the damn light in there for all models. it can't amount to more than 20 bucks in labor and parts...

As for my ninja 1k, they gave me some decent running lights and I have the hazard function but in their infinite dopiness they didn't give me dual high/low beams... or dual purpose running/turn signals. I'll fix their mistakes later on though, right now I don't have the time for it... lol.

OP, just order the stock parts that you need to fix their mistakes and get the functionality you should have gotten with the bike, if it bothers you.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

What about a momentary high beam switch? Lots of Suzukis have a trigger type one on the left handlebar, and I think it's brilliant. There are lots of times when a quick flick of the high beam is useful, and the way the high beam switch is set up stock doesn't lend itself well to a quick flash.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

W0rp3D

I still find it kind of dopey that they wouldn't just put the damn light in there for all models. it can't amount to more than 20 bucks in labor and parts...

As for my ninja 1k, they gave me some decent running lights and I have the hazard function but in their infinite dopiness they didn't give me dual high/low beams... or dual purpose running/turn signals. I'll fix their mistakes later on though, right now I don't have the time for it... lol.

OP, just order the stock parts that you need to fix their mistakes and get the functionality you should have gotten with the bike, if it bothers you.
So you guys dont have a high beam switch?

What about a momentary high beam switch? Lots of Suzukis have a trigger type one on the left handlebar, and I think it's brilliant. There are lots of times when a quick flick of the high beam is useful, and the way the high beam switch is set up stock doesn't lend itself well to a quick flash.
We have a high beam and a high beam trigger for passing on the aus version of the fz6r.

Brock Kickass

Do you happen to know if the Aus FZ1 has a high beam trigger? I would really like one on my bike. I could just order the OE part from an Aus bike and be set.

abyss1406

hmmm mine shoots red turtle shells...

BoneJj

hmmm mine shoots red turtle shells...
Now that would be simply awesome!

Mine on my current bike actually does the emergency flashers but I think I need to add in a second one that shoots bottle rockets... That would be sick!!

or, rear seat ejector switch!
Hahaha perfect!

Mine vaporises the car in front so I can always have fun in the twistys :D