my first real scare

edk442

yesterday i went for a little cruise and was cruising down the main strip in the city. three lanes of traffic and i'm riding in the centre lane as traffic is approaching a red light. of course i'm maintaining proper lane positioning. all of a sudden a cager in the left hand lane and driving a little ahead of me (and next to the car in front of me) decided he wanted in the centre lane. he hits his brakes to drop behind car i am following and proceeds to merge right into my space! i laid into the horn but the guy was so oblivious he didn't even react. thank goodness i'm small enough on the bike to lane split in between the centre and right hand lanes. came to a stop and turned to look at the guy: still didn't have a clue what had happened! not until a guy in a jacked up dodge pulled up on his left and called him an asshole for cutting me off

be safe out there guys!

Last edited:

FZ6Rin321

yesterday i went for a little cruise and was cruising down the main strip in the city. three lanes of traffic and i'm riding in the centre lane as traffic is approaching a red light. of course i'm maintaining proper lane positioning. all of a sudden a cager in the left hand lane and driving a little ahead of me (and next to the car in front of me) decided he wanted in the centre lane. he hits his brakes to drop behind car i am following and proceeds to merge right into my space! i laid into the horn but the guy was so oblivious he didn't even react. thank goodness i'm small enough on the bike to lane split in between the centre and right hand lanes. came to a stop and turned to look at the guy: still didn't have a clue what had happened! not until a guy in a jacked up dodge pulled up on his left and called him an asshole for cutting me off

be safe out there guys!
Close call. What an ass... glad you made it

Detrich

CrazyCawi

KICK HIS WINDOW IN NEXT TIME! lol I saw a vid of that and the guy on the bike went flying but left a huge dent in the vehicle haha!

bakkenlab

had this happen to me twice with my stock exhaust. Ever since Ive done the marthy edition with the viper slip on, no one has cut me off (because they can hear when im next to them). Wait i take that back, i had a girl in the middle lane try to get over to the right lane and i honked my horn, i didn't feel that bad cause i was behind her diagonally and the look on her boyfriends face from the embarrassment said enough haha. But none the less, it still makes my butt quench when seeing a cager pull into your lane. Glad your ok!

Sparkxx1

be safe out there guys!
Always Always ALWAYS make sure you're at minimum 2 seconds behind the car you're following.

Next make sure you never ever ride next to cagers. If you have to speed up to be a little in front and have space up front do it, or stay a second behind. You never know when they decide they missed an exit or want to switch lanes.

Check your rear view mirror every couple of minutes and make sure nobody is tailgating. People in NYC constantly do that. I switch lanes and just let them go by. If for some reason they follow me I'll stop or worse case scenario...lose them.

iSpoolin

People do that to me and I just punch their car, they move back over real fast considering I have titanium knuckled gloves!

yeah i have to agree. most of us have had this happen. this year i was able to speed up to avoid the asshat but last year i put out my foot and kicked her door. was leaving work with my steel toe boots on as well and it definately left a dent then she followed me home and said id hear from her lawyer and i said ok if you want a ticket and a fine that bad go ahead and never heard from her again.

Spunky99

I usually just take out the closest mirror. It'll cost them plenty to fix it but well under the amount needed to be felony vandalism. I wait till they are stopped at a light, smash it and leave. eff them.
I figure they will be watching for bikers next time for fear of getting another mirror bashed off the car.