My build in progress.....

These mirrors look lower than stock. I'm in the process of changing handlebars and at full lock my fingers are just under the stock's mirror body. Do your fingers stop short of the new mirrors?

018.jpg

017.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-4.jpg

014-3.jpg

016-4.jpg

011-3.jpg

And a picture of the bike with my painter, Randy Gustafson of Home (Randy Gustafson Design)

022.jpg

Sweet looking bike dude, that Noz connected? What's it like when you hit that juice on this bike?

No change to your exhaust? Nitrous on stock exhaust system? :don'tknow:

Last edited:
Holy $hit! That is a bad bike! Looks great, awesome job by you and whomever helped you. Thx for sharing, wish I was closer to CO...

Ok, thanks for the comments. To address just some of the following suggestions and comments, here goes:

Exhaust is not stock. Looks like a stock exhaust from the outside, but it is completely a prototype exhaust built just for this bike. It performs very well.....and is quiet, just like I prefer it to be, unless you are up around 5k+.

NOS. NOS is direct port and fully functional. HP shot is not to be revealed right at this time. As for what it is like, imagine cruising in 6th gear, and downshifting while at full throttle to 2nd......hmmmmm

I never even thought of painting the forks black....will definitely consider that.

Mirrors are stock, I don't know why they look lower than stock, still need to install my R6 mirrors though.

Thanks again for all the comments, your ideas become my creations later.

:needpics:

haha....

beautiful bike. Love the subtle flames. Waiting to hear more about the exhaust though.

My quad engine parts and exhaust sponsors was given my bike specs and told to build me a quiet, yet good performing exhaust for this bike. Due to the high price of R&D and building just one exhaust, we were able to work out a business deal. He primarily does ATV exhausts, so this one was done just to promote the quads, he has no intention of mass producing this exhaust.

His exhausts are known in the quad racing business as one of the top performers for performance, and still meet or exceed AMA DB levels. He built this pipe with the same general guidelines, but instead of AMA DB levels, keeping the sound as close to stock, except when in the meat of the powerband for this build. It definitely barks when brought to life.

It is basically ceramic coated, and revamped internals to free up the exhaust flow, while keeping the stock appearance, and lightened up the whole exhaust system by several pounds.

This is all I can tell you, other than the welds on the inside are all ground down smooth, to speed up the flow of the exhaust.

The cams are a special grind, I lose about 2.5 hp from stock up to 4k rpm, then gain about 9 hp over the powerband to about 9800 rpm, where it starts to drop off a little before the rev limiter kicks in.

With the addition of the exhaust, and cams, and porting, I gain right at about 29 hp total, at the rear wheel. With the NOS, I am around the 140 mark, so you can do the math on what the HP shot is. (It won't hold the current street tire with the current shot). I used a WinJet loaded dyno, and stock it dyno'ed at 75.7 hp. Numbers on a dyno are just numbers, I used it more to get the A/F where I wanted it, and to get a baseline for stock, then for my mods. I could care less what it dyno'ed at, I can't ride it on the street and use all the hp now, I am not that skilled on this bike. It still has some front suspension limitations, in my opinion.

You're dead on about the front suspension IMO. I changed out the springs with the hyperpro progressive mod for this bike. Still deciding if I want to re-valve also, (I don't push it too hard!). Thanks for sharing the exhaust and dyno info, very informative and useful!

some pretty optimistic dyno numbers. every other fz6r ever dynoed is in the 65hp area stock.

I thought the nos was stealth? a bottle hanging there isn't very much so. :)

the stock suspension is garbage. I'd suggest upgrading that asap to help harness some of that power.

nice build btw.

So I saw this bike in person today - it looks even better in person. The paint job is just awesome, esp the graphic on the top of the tank. The guy at Vickery turned on the blue lighting was cool. I am confused because the exhaust looks stock and the guy said it was when I commented but as I understand it is modified, right?

Overall, great looking bike and very unique 6R. Now I want to be there at bandamere when you hit the button on the NOS!

Nice work Bobby

So I saw this bike in person today - it looks even better in person. The paint job is just awesome, esp the graphic on the top of the tank. The guy at Vickery turned on the blue lighting was cool. I am confused because the exhaust looks stock and the guy said it was when I commented but as I understand it is modified, right?

Overall, great looking bike and very unique 6R. Now I want to be there at bandamere when you hit the button on the NOS!

Nice work Bobby

Thank you for the nice comments! Yes, the exhaust APPEARS stock, but is made by Venom Performance. I am not certain who you spoke with, but only 2 people in Vickery were told about the modded exhaust.

Hope to see you at Bandimere, stop by and introduce yourself!!

Back