Motorcycle Jeans = Dropped Bike?

Sooner6R

Why are motorcycle jeans so baggy? I just dropped my bike at a stoplight because my Shift Torque jeans got caught on the foot peg and I couldn't get my foot down. Can clothing manufacturers not make Kevlar reinforced jeans that actually fit people without hanging off of them? This pair was Shift but my previous Tourmaster jeans weren't any better fitting. Thankfully I had the Shogun frame sliders so no fairing damage but huge ego damage.:mad:

CrazyCawi

How come you7u dont get them hemmed? that wold be my first suggestion

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Sooner6R

Hemming, velcro, duct would all be possible options. I do wear the Cortech Latigo pants for planned longer duration rides while keeping the jeans for quick runs around town (atleast prior to this mishap). But should we really have to modify a $100 pair of jeans specifically made for riding or should possibly the manufacturers make a better product? Our riding pants are actually made to fit and include zippers, velco, etc. to adjust to your body and footwear. One would think that they could make a better product when it comes to jeans.

ajiribarren

Really? I have the same Jeans, just bought them from STG, and in fact I was hoping for them to be a little more baggy. I can barely fit my Knox shin guards underneath them.

Detrich

Sorry to hear this happened... =( It takes some practice and is part of learning I suppose.

Riding jeans are meant to look like normal jeans. And, they come in different cuts. Personally, I actually like "relaxed fit" (wide) cut of my Torque riding jeans- cuz my race boots, knee guards, and armored shorts fit underneath very nicely... And, I always ride with my armor- unless I'm in full leather suit since that has some impact armor built-in.

I never really had my pant leg get caught with the 6R, per say... But, at least twice recently, I've gotten my left riding jean pant leg caught on the R6 kickstand when trying to extend it- namely cuz it has an extra protruding spike that the 6R kickstand doesn't. And, I've had to make some adjustments to how I do this...

But, now that I'm aware of it I've been adjusting how I position my legs before trying to extend the kickstand- always making sure my right foot is secure before lifting my left. The 33.5" seat height on the R6 doesn't exactly help in this area...

Well, keep practicing, and it'll get easier. Or, you can maybe try a different cut/style riding jean. Maybe a slim fit or a different brand...

ChUcK

But should we really have to modify a $100 pair of jeans specifically made for riding or should possibly the manufacturers make a better product?
If you want a fit custom to your body, then yes you do have to alter your pants. There's only so many body types a manufacturer can plan for, and you are a unique snowflake.

It's not the manufacturers' fault- they try to provide pants that fit the majority of the population, and cannot please everybody. Go pay a professional tailor 20 bucks and make those YOUR pants.