more buzz more noise ?

W

whatever

well i had to take a trip of about 100 miles on the highway.... i think you guys are right that gearing the bike..... to turn the rpms a little lower.

had to run the rpms in the 7000 rpms to keep up and some times higher. when i returned with the bike having about 2000 miles i noticed the engine now buzz more and the noise of the valve train is much higher.

have not sync the fuel injection yet my sticks are coming next week. did drop just the oil and replaced with some fresh oil helped some but now the engine is alot noiser.

after these bikes have some miles on them did you guys notice if the motor became noisey.

the bike idle fine and when i bleep the thottle i do get a smal back fire sometimes. just seems not as smooth anymore and alot nosiey

not im starting to think that maybe highway riding in the 5 to 6000 rpms
range might be better for durability.

seems like now maybe the bike needs a valve adjustment.. i know the book calls for 26000.

can sync the fuel injection make that much of a differents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
W

whatever

just returned from 60 mile rip.... the bikes fine i must been tired yesterday after the trip not as bad sounding as i thought.

does need to have lower gearing for the highway... might just put on a rear 43 teeth sprocket... the noise is just normal break in now that the motor has loosen up some.

with 2000 mile not sure i could replace the rear sprocket now ? and leave the stock chain and front one.

did notice today my front tire has some cupping in the center tread. like someone had already posted on another thread.

W

whatever

when i changed the oil i mixed half rottela 15w40 and half with some rottela sly 5w40 i had left over.

but i have to say when you get on the gas from 6000 to 9000 rpms the motor is alittle harsh sounding.

it's no honda !

Last edited by a moderator:
W

whatever

just ordered 43 rear sprocket and a motion pro sync sticks.... been wondering were the idle adjustment screw is. lol

bikes needs little tlc.... now i will pull both farings and re tq what i missed the first time behind the farings covers.

rpms on the highway suck.... if i don't keep bike will buy bigger next year.

W

whatever

o and 1st and 2nd gear always seemed way to short. i can shift in 6h gear at 50mph thats way to short.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FitZ6R

can sync the fuel injection make that much of a differents.
Yes, syncing the throttles will make more difference than anything else.

W

whatever

we have alot of twisties in new york... i was trying to stay middle ground and keep some speed for take off... the 43 should just get me over the edge.

so far the ear plugs made the biggest dfferents im surprised how much nicer the bikes rides...the force of the wind was never a problem just the sound of the wind hiting my helmet was awful.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:
W

whatever

was is a speedo healer

how much

where does it go

and what does it do

if i do not instal onel what happens

W

whatever

cool thanks

nice bike !!

6800 still little high.... but streching out the 1st two gears will be nice.

6800 is where the buzz is..... have to see after i install on wed and run the interstates.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member