Marthy Tribute Exhaust.... Oh yeah!

sti491

Ok now how do I go about getting Marthy's maps? I am doing the block of plates, k & n air filter, and this exhaust. Should be close enough I would think?
You can find a few on his website, just search Marthy Exhaust. If you forum message me your e-mail address I will send you the map Martin sent me as we were going through all this recently. It is a gear specific map. You HAVE too have the speed sensor wire tapped to your Power Commander. It's a very nice map that he spent a lot of time on. After trying several I wouldn't bother with any other ones. It's VERY strong in all gears, with slightly leaner settings in 4-6th gear for decent combined mileage. With my exhaust, block off plates and airbox cut completely open at the bottom front, with mostly spirited riding, I average between 38.7 mpg - 41.8 MPG, which is fine by me given my performance and safe running tune.

If you have not played with it, the Power Commander has an accelerator pump feature that gives it a brief shot of fuel under specific delta throttle twist that you set. You set 3 things, that, the duration and amount of fuel to add. Be very careful reading online posts about it though. DynoJet made a change between the the PC5 and the previous version, and they revised how to set this feature!!!!

Most of the on-line stuff including Martin's post are something like 75/30/15... meaning 75 is throttle sensitivity, i.e., how fast you twist the throttle to activate the feature. 30 is the duration and 15 is the percent fuel increase. This is from Chris at Dynojet a few weeks ago: " With PC3USB (the older version), a HIGHER first value will make the adjustment more sensitive to throttle movement, whereas with PC5 a LOWER value will make the adjustment more sensitive to throttle movement." I accused him of making my life difficult right before thanking him!

Mine is currently set at 45/30/10, after trying several settings. There is also nice feature where you can twist the throttle at various speed to "capture" the first value. 45 works for me because if I make it any lower (more sensitive), it activates when I blip downshifts, which only wastes fuel.

Unless you already bought the K&N, or just personally like the brand, and/or your current filter is dirty, a K&N will not do much of anything on these bikes except lighten your wallet. You need to one way or another cut the snokus shorter, drill holes in the bottom of it, or cut the entire bottom of the intake, which is what I did. It howls at high rpm, but so does my exhaust. I recommend doing that and get a decent quality air filter at less cost than the K&N. If you like K&N they are good filters IMO, just an expensive add that will not improve power on your uncut stock airbox. Just my two cents!

Message me your e-mail and I am happy to send you Martin's map. You will love it. Send him a message to thank him!

kingB

Hello, new to the forum and been riding my 2012 fz6r fir over a year now...had a 600cc yamaha dualsport from 86 before this ive had since i was in 10th grade...way back in 1989...but moved to the fz6r for a little more speed on the freeways I am doing a similar "cheap" version but im going to attempt a supertrapp can install. (adjustable flow at the exhaust tip) Ive used them for years on the thumper and ive seen a few do it on other bikes....but not on a fz6r. im a shadetrree mechanic/welder with some professional weld school training courses under my belt so the weld is not the problem for me... the problem will be trying to map it with the pwr.comm#5. I ordered it to tell them to do stock map and what I was doing but have yet to see what they installed. the fz6r is my daily ride...only missed 22 (due to extreme bad weather, or ice conditions) days of riding /commuting last year 2019 out of possible 365.

anyway, thanks for the pipe info !
got mine ordered now...well see how it turns out.
Great documentation of the build.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

kingB

Been there, done that! That was my first exhaust mod with a R6 header. There's better option in my opinion. Using discs is too restrictive but if you don't want to tune it it's fine. I did put all the spacers and add some washers to open it up some more in 2 or 3 rows. The Delkevic DS70 with a DB killer end up to be a better options.
do u have a power commander for that? did u have a map for that set up....
and one can always add more discs to to s.t. i saw someone with r6 that used i think 24 or more discs. has a unique sound....the only Reason i was going w/ supertrapp....
was it was free...
I can do the pipe mod with welding up the mid pipe to my headers and can always add a slip on whatever later.

Thanks cheers!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

thatcher

Marthy,

Thank you for all the info you have shared with us. Just FYI .. I bought a PC FC and found out that as of August the maps could not be used on new PC FCs and only PC FCs could be adjusted by a dyno shop or have it as a PC6 format. Apparently, the new EPA rules do not allow adjustment????

Do you by chance have these maps in PC6 form?

Thank you!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member