Love riding my bike, riding on back SUCKS

FazerWest

SOOOO, we went to dinner tonight, then i was gonna go pick up that jacket from the craigslist guy. we get in our car (mazda3) and back out, and the car starts sputtering....ugh, seriously. so we pull over listen to the car, try to move again and constant sputtering, soooo we drove about a mile down the road to walmart, parked the car, did some research on my phone (my guess is its the egr valve) and decided to walk to the gym about 1/4 mile down the road where our friend works, borrowed his car went home.

I got on my bike and led us back to the gym, then hubby rode my bike with me on the back to walmart where he drove the car the 5 miles to the dealership as i followed. Then after dropping it off he rode my bike home again with me on back and it SUCKS, i hated it lol im too high up i feel like im tipping backwards, ugh i just didnt like it at all!!! turns felt slick i just, no, lol me no likey!!! my bike is made for me to be riding it, and NOT on the back!! haha

Anyways just wondered if anyone else got to be passangers on their own bikes and if you hated it as well!

on the plus side my new pants and boots ROCK, was strange with the boots at the first cause with my tennis shoes being mesh i could feel the shifter, now with boots i cant, i just kinda KNOW where it is...haha weird.
ohhhh and the pants have pockets in the sides to put hip pads in!!!!! cool huh!!!! nwo to track down some hip pads that will fit!!!!

daddyrack

Premium Member

meganiimarie

On the weekends I alternate between riding mine with a buddy and riding on the back of his TL1000R. At first I couldn't stand it, I just about had a panic attack the first time I got on the back. Now I'm a lot more comfortable and it proves to make things a lot more convenient when going places with limited parking and/or high traffic times. I think another big part of it for me is trust as I wouldn't just jump on the back with anyone.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

FazerWest

Never been a passenger on a motorcycle, but I know it sucks being a passenger on a snowmobile.

My wife isn't a big fan of being a passenger. That's why she wants to get her license. She did say that it's a lot more comfortable and she can actually relax now that I put the top case on. She was always worried about falling or sliding off the back too.
Well I am fine on the back of patricks meanstreak, and our old fz1 but my bike, ick I just dont like it lol, glad to hear your wife is getting in the saddle!!!

Brock Kickass

The only time I've ever been on the back of a sportbike is when I was 12, I went for a quick trip on the back of a Honda Hurricane. I don't remember it being ideal for riding on the back.
My wife finds the FZ1 much better than the 6R for riding on the back. That being said, 45 minutes at a time is about her max. She used to be a little freaked out by the motorcycle passenger experience in general, but she's getting more and more comfortable with it. Every time she sees an FJR she tells me that's what I should have, and every time I see a CBR 250 or similar I tell her that's what she should have. So far it's a stalemate.

Last edited:

Chucker

I don't like being a passenger in a car, let alone a bike.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

meganiimarie

Once I got the flow of knowing when to brace myself on the tank to slow down and knowing when to hold on tight because he was going to take off, it got soooooo much easier. Makes a huge difference. The two other things I do when on the back is make sure that my elbows and my knees are in close to the same spot because it allows my buddy to lean more and keep the bike more upright. Secondly, I keep my head always on the inside of his during a turn. Doesn't really matter at moderate speeds, but I found it makes a huge difference when going 100-130 mph.

In a similar thread, I remember a comment somebody made about his wife putting her hand on the tank during braking.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

r0ar

Once I got the flow of knowing when to brace myself on the tank to slow down and knowing when to hold on tight because he was going to take off, it got soooooo much easier. Makes a huge difference. The two other things I do when on the back is make sure that my elbows and my knees are in close to the same spot because it allows my buddy to lean more and keep the bike more upright. Secondly, I keep my head always on the inside of his during a turn. Doesn't really matter at moderate speeds, but I found it makes a huge difference when going 100-130 mph.

Wowww 100+ as a passenger, I've never been a passenger but I'd probably have a heart attack being the helpless passenger lol:eek:

Brock Kickass

100-130MPH with a passenger? Wow.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

meganiimarie

Obviously not on the 6R ;) It's a TL1000R and it pretty much laughs at my weight on the back. We are hoping to hit 150+ which I know it will do without a problem.

100-130MPH with a passenger? Wow.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

M

Mork201277

i used to be a passenger of my farther's bike . but i think to ride is more fun than to be a passenger