Looking for an R6 as a track bike

Bert-Aus

If you are looking for a 'track only' bike, I wouldnt bother with either of those.

Apparently Gen 2's (2003-05) are pigs & very problematic.
Gen 1 (1999-2002) & Gen 3 (2006-2008) onwards are great.

Those prices listed for those 2 seem pretty high for US prices (Im in Australia).
If you are getting a bike for the track, you have to be prepared to lose whatever $ you spend on it.
As when it goes down there is no insurance and some crashes your bike may not survive.

As a guide I picked up a '99 for $2500 here in Aus. It was a repairable write-off with only fairing & headlight damage.
So it may be worth while scouting around for bargains.
Check the R6 forums as there are guys off loading stuff in the states all the time

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

bmw675

If you are looking for a track only bike, look for one that was setup for the track. Aftermarket suspension, brakes, ect. will do you better than flushmounts and fender eliminators. I'm not sure on canada pricing, but you could find a lot better bikes for that price down here. And newer models would be better.

dawg

thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately those are canadian prices and everything is more expensive here. I was thinking of offering the guy 3000 grand for the older bike. Seems like he has done a lot of maintenance on it.