LMD's Tight Mods Thread

Update!

I've updated my original post in this thread with some reviews on what I've bought.

All up, I'm stoked with the mods and the changes in the look and performance of the bike.

The only real issue I had was the mirrors, but I was pretty dubious about them from the start so no suprises there.

Cosmetically, the biggest change came from the fender eliminator and the mirrors. Makes it look like a totally different bike! The subtle changes of levers, flush mount indicators (dark smoke ones, $10 with postage from eBay) and my own stickers are a great way to personalise.

Performance wise, I have to say I am truly blown away by the Metzelers. Makes me feel like I'm on race slicks on the track bike! The grip and feel is impressive, and it has helped me to regain the confidence I lost with my crash in December. The modded throttle plate brings my bike in line with what most of you already have in the US, but I can tell you it's such a HUGE change!! Going from less than a quarter turn on the throttle to the whole thing is so much fun :D :D :D Makes overtaking far safer as well.

So happy with the bike now, it's perfect for my needs :)

Thanks to everyone for the inspiration, ideas and advice.... That's it for my modding for a while..... But I'll be back with more, it's an addiction ;)

Back