Liter bike revisited

RoadTrip

So, I am once again thinking about a liter bike, but wanted to get some opinions from the FZ6R members. Even though I have moved onto SS, I consider myself to be like you guys, I am no track hero and just want to have fun on my bike.

My research on 1000 vs 600-750 across the Webz essentially ends up in 2 groups: those who claim that they are now power addicted and will never go back to sub liter, and those who found a liter overkill and actually reduced how much fun they were having and return to a smaller bike.

Why do I want a liter? Curiosity, I guess. I kinda wish I could inch my way up in power 600=45torque, 750=55torque, 1000=75torque (that's a big jump!), wish they had a 65torque option. I know these bikes have power modes, and I might use that, but ultimately most peeps end up using full power mode all the time (otherwise whats the point).

So, to those who own, or have owned a liter bike, what is your take on 1000 vs 600-750? Of course, non-liter owners are welcome to join the discussion as well.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

You do have the sport liter bikes as a option. Still get tons of power and torque without the craziness of a SS. I'm lusting over the new Z1000 real bad.

Sent while running with scissors.

Fizzer6R

like you said RoadTrip, you'll get both sides of this, and the opinions are really personal preference. you won't know yourself until you sample and spend some time on dif. bikes. neither is right or wrong... whatever suits the riding style more is the correct choice for them

danieljardim

I have an answer for you. TORQUE! Not having to downshift 3 gears when I want to pass (no going a bit faster... meaning passing someone) The FZ09 is fast but not a rocket to today standard. Top end is R6 level (on paper... and way enough) but what I like is it required very small throttle input to accomplish a lot on the road.

And it cruise at 5K @ 70 MPH. Also liter bike usually have better goodies already.
Agree with marthy. Nothing like having 96 Torque :D

klawson

I ride my 6r around the canyons and up the mountain roads and have a blast. I usually can keep up with my son on his R1 while in the mountains, but he will run away on the straights. When I go on a long trip I take the FJR. It's nice for those 600 mile days, The 6R feels like a sports car by comparison.