Leo Vince Exhaust?

neshi

Maybe somebody can correct me but it looks like and is priced as a slip only. don't know how your gonna put it on unless Yamaha is making a new 421 pipe for us!

Newmason

I highly doubt this is accurate info. There is no way our bikes could even have a slip on as the muffler/cat is welded to the headers! Unless I am mistaken by some chance, id kill to only pay 500 instead of 900!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Plus, the link has an undertail exhaust, which would not be possible as a simple slip-on for our bike. This is VERY inaccurate information and is likely for the FZ6, not the R. The bike pictured looks like a naked FZ6. It has a one piece seat, while the FZ6R has a two piece seat and a midship exhaust, not undertail.

Leo Vince FAIL! :banghead::spank:

Newmason

Why cant online vendors just put out the right info! Seriously! We need some exhaust alternatives other than TBR and M4

jouatt

Ya I didn't think it was for the FZ6R..just too good to be true. I was really hoping for a nice looking exhaust :(

Newmason

Will the XJ6 exhaust match up to our bikes? Anyone know?

acasey07

Why cant online vendors just put out the right info! Seriously! We need some exhaust alternatives other than TBR and M4
Right now Leo Vince has 2 exhausts for our bike right on par with the prices of TBR, and in my opinion look a lot better
EVOII UNDERBODY SS FULL-SYSTEM
GPPRO EVOII SS FULL-SYSTEM

Termignoni also has just come out with a full exhaust system

As well as GPR
and ARROW

and im sure there are more that I can't remember as well

The problem with most of these is that they're crazy expensive and offer marginal performance gains for the price.
I commend everyone that's gotten the TBRs but I dont understand how people can drop almost a grand and closer to $1500 with PC+tune.(about a quarter of the price of the bike) when older R6 Headers will give you the same performance/sound improvements for about $600 with way more of a choice.:don'tknow:

Newmason

I'd be all for the R6 headers and then slip on of choice for the pipe, but my problem is that I have never used or bought anything off ebay and it seems that finding R6 headers anywhere else, just isnt as easy.

pyrocpu

Right now Leo Vince has 2 exhausts for our bike right on par with the prices of TBR, and in my opinion look a lot better
EVOII UNDERBODY SS FULL-SYSTEM
GPPRO EVOII SS FULL-SYSTEM

Termignoni also has just come out with a full exhaust system

As well as GPR
and ARROW

and im sure there are more that I can't remember as well

The problem with most of these is that they're crazy expensive and offer marginal performance gains for the price.
I commend everyone that's gotten the TBRs but I dont understand how people can drop almost a grand and closer to $1500 with PC+tune.(about a quarter of the price of the bike) when older R6 Headers will give you the same performance/sound improvements for about $600 with way more of a choice.:don'tknow:
Meh. I'm not a fan of exhausts that stick out of the side of the bike. That's what drew me to the FZ6R to begin with--a clean, underbike exhaust that reduces the risk of burning one's self.

Secondly, the R6 header, while it fits, I don't know how well it performs. I'm sure it works just fine, but how fine? Do I lose power? Do I gain power? What's going on? The headers aren't designed for our bikes, for our power characteristics. It's just not optimized. Fitting is one thing. Engineering for something is another.

Lastly, tax return was good. :D

acasey07

Secondly, the R6 header, while it fits, I don't know how well it performs. I'm sure it works just fine, but how fine? Do I lose power? Do I gain power? What's going on? The headers aren't designed for our bikes, for our power characteristics. It's just not optimized. Fitting is one thing. Engineering for something is another.
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that since the r6 headers fit that they're the exact same length/diameter as the stock fz6r thus having the same performance characteristics with the added bonus of getting rid of the cat.

Since I know almost nothing about exhaust tuning I was under the impression that no aftermarket exhaust is really optimized for any bike without being tuned afterwords.

pilninggas

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that since the r6 headers fit that they're the exact same length/diameter as the stock fz6r thus having the same performance characteristics with the added bonus of getting rid of the cat.

Since I know almost nothing about exhaust tuning I was under the impression that no aftermarket exhaust is really optimized for any bike without being tuned afterwords.
i think all these exhaust manufacturers have realised this bike has the 03-05 R6 engine (same as fz6) and are just making the slight alterations to the products they supply for those bikes - why wouldn't they?

As for a exhaust tuning, as someone else pointed-out on this forum, the EFI on the bike is open loop. I would be interested to see how much tuning they really need. I know on one previous thread it was mentioned about a petrol/gas smell with an aftermarket exhaust, i reckon this is because there is no cat to oxidize unburnt HCs in these aftermarket options(this is not a big deal if the bike is open loop) rather than richness. The other factor is making sure the air injection is blanked-off so the bike doesn't pop on the over-run.

I see that now not only is there the tbr juice-box and the PC V, there is also an injection controller from GPR (called the power jet). Yet another way to adjust the mixture, with this one you can mount the unit on the handle bars and alter the fuel-trims on-the-fly, albeit in quite a course manner.

Last edited:

Nomus

I've been looking at getting one of these bikes, and as always, I find myself looking to see what is available as far as exhausts and other mods. Now I've had plenty of bikes and put exhausts on every one of them. Is it me or are the pipes that come out for the newer bikes just getting fuglier and fuglier??? My opinion, but the pipes for these FZ6R's look like crap!

And I completely do not understand why the costs for these things have gone through the roof. I can remember buying cans for 200 - 300 and full systems for between 400 - 600. Oh, and they looked good! I really like the way these FZ6R's look, but am wondering if I can make the purchase, knowing that I have to drop as much cash as needed to get the thing to actually sound like a bike and not a vacuum cleaner.

Does anybody know if there will be a system coming out that will actually be reasonably priced and look like it belongs on the bike?

JonKerr

Elite Member

acasey07

I don't know why some company doesn't just make cheapish OEM headers without the cat that fit our bikes so people could just throw on a slip-on. get em around $250 and they'd sell like hotcakes.

MikeN02

I don't know why some company doesn't just make cheapish OEM headers without the cat that fit our bikes so people could just throw on a slip-on. get em around $250 and they'd sell like hotcakes.
You can be the first! And be a billionaire!

Well, even if you had a after market header for the bike, I think you'd still need a pcv. As it'll run too rich... correct me if i'm wrong.

Sandboxhero

Leo Vance Exhaust

That must be a misprint. The only available exhaust is the Two Brothers Racing and M4 full system Exhaust. "Werkes" makes exhaust tips but they look like crap and they are just for show. Save your money, get the full system. Also i Got the TBR Juicebox as well.

cavcuz05

i Have the R6 header mod and it works just fine...i used a scorpion oval slipon just to mock things up...i love riding my bike and it sound amazing now that i cleaned my injectors and got all the cruddy winter fuel out...i also have the PCV and got it customed tuned...put 82 wheel hp on the best run...averaged 78 to the wheel...as opposed to the 63 wheel hp stock...so it was about a 10hp increase