leather gloves question.

danieljardim

do leather gloves break in (soften up) as you wear it.

I just bought a pair of it (bilt) - (old ones are a different material) and fingers feel that they're not stretching enough. Had a hard time with clutch this morning.

Thanks in advance.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

danieljardim

I actually wear some leather gloves up a size because they are too tight or the fingers are too short when working controls. I've also had fingers a little too long and the armor digs into my knuckles when I try to clutch or brake. I wear most gloves L, but for cold weather I have waterproof Rev'It gloves in XL I love. I can easily wear a glove liner or in hotter weather my hands swell and bit and they still fit well.

So maybe go a size up or try a different brand? Just my 2 cents.
My big problem buying gloves is the xl fits my fingers perfect but is a little short on the overall lenght (tip of middle finger to the wrist) 2xl fingers are a little long but it fits better.

I only paid 20 bucks on those (closeout deal) so I will take a few more rides with it. If still sucks, time to shop for new ones.

Alex6

My big problem buying gloves is the xl fits my fingers perfect but is a little short on the overall lenght (tip of middle finger to the wrist) 2xl fingers are a little long but it fits better.

I only paid 20 bucks on those (closeout deal) so I will take a few more rides with it. If still sucks, time to shop for new ones.
Given that the high quality gloves can easily reach the $200 price mark, what level of comfort/protection/durability did you expect from the glove that costs 10 times less?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

danieljardim

Very well I think. I read reviews on them before buying, and compared them to the high dollar gloves at cycle gear when I bought them, and the main difference I noticed was a slightly softer leather. That's about it. They are well padded and have knuckle and finger armor. I think they will do well in a bad situation.
With that being said, has no way to know until i fall and see what happens (something that I hope it doesn't)....

Almost everything nowadays is sublet out to asian countries to be manufactured, so somethings paying high end price for high end products is just paying for a label. Is very hard to tell.

It's like apple you pay a high end price on a high end product that still manufacture in china.

I have no problem at all with people that spends hundreds and hundreds of dollars and high expensive gear, but I don't see why a cheaper equipment couldn't be good too.

Alex6

...I have no problem at all with people that spends hundreds and hundreds of dollars and high expensive gear, but I don't see why a cheaper equipment couldn't be good too.
We would not have this thread to discuss the fitment of the glove you bought if you bought a reputable brand, or would we? ;)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

get what you pay for in this area; try to get gloves that at least have a dif. type of palm material, either kangaroo or deer instead of usual cow. difference in feel, esp. with hands that are on the controls, is huge

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Riccochet

I have problems finding gloves that fit as well. My hands are not large in the traditional sense, just muscular. And I have short fingers. So, large gloves tend to fit, but the fingers are too long. And smaller gloves have perfect finger length, but they're tight as hell over all. So I'll usually buy the smaller gloves, soak them in warm water and put them on for a while. Stretches them out to fit somewhat comfortable. I can't stand fingers that are too long.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Reaver

I wear camel bak gloves that the army " supplied " me with. Excellent full coverage tight fitting and breathable. Thanks US tax payers. :)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member