Laughlin

k6gad

A few years ago some of my friends and I decided to make the annual Laughlin, NV river run a one day affair. We all live in San Diego, CA so it's about 600 miles round trip. Yesterday we had our fifth annual Laughlin for lunch ride. What a blast! We all met in Temecula at 6:30 am and had about 10 people show up this year. We took Windchester road into Hemet and then skirted down town and ended up in Banning and highway 10. Our route took us through Morongo Valley, Yucca Valley, 29 Palms, Amboy, along old route 66 and then up to highway 95 to Searchlight and then finally Laughlin. The weather was perfect and we had no mechanical or other difficulties. I averaged about 50 mpg with the top box on and doing about 70 mph or so. This bike can tour. I got some sideways looks in the morning but by the end of the run no one doubted the little 6R! Sadly the river run is not what it used to be. Far fewer vendors and only Yamaha and Victory were there to demo their bikes. We may have to find another destination 300 or so miles away for lunch next year.
Gary

nucmedman63

DARN wish I would have known would have met up with ya only live about 60 miles from laughlin. I would if possible next year or anytime you have a get together that brings you towards the east (arizona way) I could meet up with ya?

k6gad

DARN wish I would have known would have met up with ya only live about 60 miles from laughlin. I would if possible next year or anytime you have a get together that brings you towards the east (arizona way) I could meet up with ya?

Where do you live in AZ? We get out there every once and a while. Spent a long weekend south of Phoenix last year, from there rode all over the place. I will post something next time before we ride out that way. We do the Laughlin thing every year on Friday just to let you know.
Gary