<-- Last dude on earth to watch old Star Wars

MikeN02

Like the title suggests, I'm one of the last dudes on Earth to watch the Old Star Wars, New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I've seen the Phantom Menace, Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith just not the others.

Couple of other movies I haven't watched either... recently just finished Back to the Future...

An odd one I am says my friend. He started freaking out and his mind was blown saying these are instant classics that everyone watched!

bjs045

Dude....add this to your list......"GOONIES"!!

oh yeah..."Lost Boys" too

So after watching 4,5,6....what did you think of the story?

bmw675

at least i can say i heard of return of the jedi and back to the future.

i havent seen any of the movies you just listed, and never even heard of the ones that i didn't list above.

:eek:

bjs045

Never heard of the Truffle Shuffle? :D Goonies is kinda like Indiana Jones as kids.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5whaRkuipU"]Truffle Shuffle [/ame]

The Lost Boys re-sparked the whole vampire thing which for the last 20 years seems to be at the top of the list of hit shows/movies
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsv_NQFbQzo"]The original theatrical trailer to 1987's "The Lost Boys"[/ame]

DAMN YOUNGINS....MAKING ME SHOW MY AGE! LOL

Last edited:

DanielW0830

Ferris Bueller's Day off.

MikeN02

Seen Ferris Bueller's actually. I'm starting to watch Star Wars, haven't seen them all yet. I got 10 minutes into a new hope and I fell asleep (dead tired) and now have to go to my sister's birthday dinner.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bmw675

an older movie that i have watched maybe a dozen times is my cousin vinny, should i be proud about that?

honestly, never heard of most of the star wars movies and really have no intention to ever see see any of them. not my kind of movies.

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Must watches:

Wonderland
A Clockwork Orange
Romper Stomper
Reservoir Dogs
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Trainspotting
American History X
Requiem for a Dream
Pulp Fiction

:cool:

gearhead

Recommend: Strange Brew and Monty Python's Holy Grail

bmw675

Must watches:

Wonderland
A Clockwork Orange
Romper Stomper
Reservoir Dogs
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Trainspotting
American History X
Requiem for a Dream
Pulp Fiction

:cool:
:D, the only one here ive seen is reservoir dogs, and thats only b/c i had to do a project on it in college.

i cant believe all these movies everyone is listing that ive never even heard of. i dont think i can use the excuse 'before my time' anymore.

and breakfast club, i think everyone under the age of 30 has seen it just b/c its one of the movies that they show in high school that you have to "analyze".

MikeN02

I didn't watch the breakfast club until 4 years ago... because it was my ex-girlfriend's favorite movie...

Little Update:
I finished A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, half way through Return of the Jedi.

Have to say it's really good, addicting. I can see why people are attached to star wars because it's another "life". Though the end is drawing near, I kind of wish they made more, maybe it's because I haven't seen the ending yet to see if it satisfies me.

Also, LEIA KISSED HER BROTHER WTHF??

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

If Star Wars had Facebook...

If Star Wars had Facebook...

these are funny... lol

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ME_with_a_B

Must watches:

A Clockwork Orange
Reservoir Dogs
Trainspotting
American History X
Requiem for a Dream
Pulp Fiction
Oh hellz ya... those are great!!!

*I took out the ones I haven't seen

MikeN02

Mike: To really "see" Star Wars you have to watch other movies made in 1978-1982 like "Alien" you'll realize wow George Lucas really was way ahead of time. Those movies grossed more money than any other until Titanic came out. The technology that went into making the movies was so well put together you have to appreciate them.
Yeah, of course I had it in my mindset that this was in the late 70's early 80's so technology wasn't as good as it is today. Really is great, especially like how they pulled Yoda off. Funny how he started messing with Luke's stuff.