keys getting hard to put in

cbzdel

anyone else have the problem with their key getting hard to put in? i almost have to force it.

i also have the MC key isolated because I dont like the weight hanging on the ignition, so that is not the problem...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't actually noticed that it is harder to push in, but I have noticed that I have poor aim. I am getting worse at actually getting the key lined up with the slot. :eek: That makes it feel like it is harder to push, when actually the key is just not lined up to go in the slot.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chip

It is ok to get in, but I think it is hard as HELL sometimes to get it out of the lock position. I have never had a bike before but I have to wiggle the key and the front wheel at the same time until the key comes out.

Heineken

Elite Member

oyamyers

I have been having the same issue.

nlpyle

I have noticed just that. Maybe it is our northwest rain sense it seems like both of us use our bikes all the time. I wanted to try wd40 but my luck will find out it voids some sort of warrenty and i would throw it in the shop but wanted to check out here first so thanks for posting and am very interested to see what our fellow riders have to say.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chip

I know that you push the key down, I am talking about taking it out. Sometimes it comes right out, other times it takes me a good minute to get it out.

cbzdel

how does warranty work, work? do I just call the dealer and tell them i have problem and they look into it? is it possible to get charged if there is no problem??

I just dont want to end up with a bill just because I "think" somthing is wrong..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
There may be a deductible for the warranty that you would have to pay. Also, there may be a fee for doing a diagnostic. :don'tknow:

Stricken

oh we are talking about keys here...